Join us for a Not-so-Scary Halloween Celebration!
October 18 - October 31
Calling all ghouls, goblins and princesses! Don your spookiest (or sparkliest!) Halloween costume and head to Port Discovery for a spook-tastic celebration! Enjoy fangtastic family entertainment, and not-so-scary Halloween celebrations. Make Halloween-themed creations in Dr. Frankenstein’s Monster Factory. Enjoy the magic of the season during special theater performances on Port Discovery’s Trick and Treat Theater. Dress up and celebrate together during Monster Parades. Take part in activities including:
- Dr. Frankenstein's Monster Factory - We’re transforming the StudioWorkshop into a Monster Making Factory! Create your own wearable monster hats and friendly monster puppets. Our littlest guests will be able to join the fun by creating “blow paint monster pals.” (Happening Daily)
- Mystery Fun House - Illusions, tricks and more - our Mystery Fun House activities will showcase some of the magic of Halloween!
- Exquisite Monsters - Enjoy a Halloween adventure in our Pop-Ups, Previews & Prototypes space. Create hilarious combinations in a mix-and-match Halloween drawing game for kids.
- Halloween-themed drop-in programs, including Pop-Up Science, Tiny Tots BOO-sic Time, Monster Circle Time, and more! (check event calendar for times and details).
Trick and Treat Theater Performances: Enjoy Halloween-themed (and not-so-scary) theater performances including:
- Port Discovery’s Mystery Wing – Join Port Discovery’s guide Mysteria as you discover different kinds of ancient magic from around the world! Using social studies and science concepts to explain how ancient magicians disguised science as magic, little learners will join in the fun creating magical illusions and learning about where they originated from long ago!
- Performances taking place Sunday, October 20th, Sunday, October 27th, Thursday, October 31
- DJ Jampire’s Monster Musical Instruments – a half-hour show for children of all ages with monster-styled musical instruments, puppets and live music! Join DJ Jampire and his monster friends as they throw an interactive jam session to some classic Halloween tunes.
- Performances taking place Saturday, October 19th, Thursday, October 31
Other Special Activities:
- Spontaneous Monster Parades - Dress up and parade around the Museum in our fun Monster Parades. No costume? Feel free to create one on the spot in Dr. Frankenstein's Monster Factory. (Happening October 26 & 31; listen for announcements)
- Monsters on the Loose Circle Times: Explore the friendlier side of monsters In this non-scary Monster of a Circle Time. (Happening October 22, 25, 29 & 31)
- McCormick’s Cinnamon Bats: Learn about a favorite fall spice – cinnamon – and make a Halloween-themed treat. (Happening October 26)
- Eek, Squeak, and BOO! by The Kindersinger: Join The Kindersinger as she leads our youngest guests in a show filled with songs, stories, and maybe even an un-scary monster or two! (Happening October 20 & 26)
- The Scarecrows’ Fire Safety Show by former Ringling performer Greg May: October is fire prevention month, and who would be more scared of fire than a scarecrow! Magic, juggling, and much more will make this show (and its important safety tips) unforgettable! (Happening Saturday, October 26 & Sunday October 27)
- Journey to the Imagi Nation: Watch magic and come alive in the hands of David London. Journey to the Imagi Nation is a spectacle of magic and performance that not only engages, but astounds! (Happening October 26)
- Monster Electricity Show! With Rocket Reba: It’s a Spark Attack at Port Discovery! Watch with wonder and amazement at the properties of electricity and showmanship. It’s wickedly fun with some hard core science thrown in. (Happening October 19)
- Mystery Science Spectacular with Professor Pi: This interactive program allows guests of all ages to engage hands on with science and learn the cold, hard facts. (Happening October 20)
- Wildlife Adventures: Pet animals that you never thought you would pet. Snakes, yup, they have them. Will you overcome your fears to get close to these “monsters”? (Happening October 20, 26 & 27)
- Robinson Nature Center: Enjoy hands-on activities with staff from Robinson Nature Center. (Happening October 19)
- FIDOS for Freedom: Meet therapy dogs (in costume, of course!) here for you to love and pet! (Happening October 20)
PURCHASE TICKETS NOW!
Please note: Schedule and activities subject to change.
- Visit Port Discovery in your favorite Halloween costume October 18 – 31st and save $10 on a Museum Membership purchased that same day! Yahoo!
*Restrictions Apply. *Must have visible and festive costume/accessories. Discount must be applied at time of purchase.
Here's another treat - for use online!
- Enjoy $10 off Port Discovery Memberships when you purchase online using promo code 1943!
- Enjoy a full year of unlimited play, invites to member only events, discounts on birthday parties and more!
*Restrictions Apply. Valid online only, October 18th, 2019 – October 31st, 2019. Use promo code: 1943 to receive discount.*One discount valid per transaction.