Enjoy rotating art throughout the year in our Art Showcase! Beginning in June 2019, enjoy artwork from the Celebrating Through Art: The First Lady’s Mental Health Awareness Youth Art Display. Created by children from all over Maryland, each piece expresses something that makes the young creator feel joyful, healthy or optimistic. The artwork was originally curated and displayed at the Lowe House Building in Annapolis in recognition of Mental Health Awareness month, and resulted from a partnership between the First Lady of Maryland, the Maryland Department of Disabilities, and the Maryland State Department of Education.
What You'll Do:
- View and learn about artwork featured in the Celebrating Through Art: The First Lady’s Mental Health Awareness Youth Art Display
- Think about and discuss the importance of talking about feelings and mental health.
What You'll Learn:
- Importance of discussing feelings and mental health.
- Ask children about the topic of the art display and what makes them feel joyful, healthy or optimistic.
- Engage children in a dialogue about their mental health.