Port Discovery occasionally offers contest opportunities through our website, email, social channels and more! Please find information below about ongoing contests you can take part in!
Unlock Your Future Sweepstakes Winner Announced
Port Discovery and Maryland 529 send our congratulations to the winner of this year's Unlock Your Future Sweepstakes, Jake R.!
Unlock Your Future Sweepstakes Official Sweepstakes Rules
Maryland 529 and Port Discovery Children’s Museum
“Unlock Your Future” Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. DESCRIPTION: The “Maryland 529 and Port Discovery Children’s Museum ‘Unlock Your Future Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes) begins on Monday, April 13, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Sunday, May 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). The sponsors of this Sweepstakes are Maryland 529, 217 E. Redwood Street, Suite 1350, Baltimore, MD, 21202, and Port Discovery Children’s Museum, 35 Market Place, Baltimore, MD, 21202 (“Sponsors”). The Sweepstakes is administered jointly by Maryland 529 and Port Discovery Children’s Museum (collectively, the “Administrator”). Any information provided by an “Entrant” (as defined below) will be used in compliance with these Official Rules. Sweepstakes entry is available by visiting https://www.portdiscovery.org/contests.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal U.S. residents who are at least eighteen (18) years of age (“Entrant”) at the time of entry. The Entrant, if selected as the “Sweepstakes Winner,” will be required to provide proof of eligibility.
Employees, directors, officers, trustees, agents and affiliates of the Sponsors (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) and T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., together with the Immediate Family Members and/or those living in the same household of such persons (collectively, “Household Members”), are not eligible to participate in the Contest. For purposes of the Contest, “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year; “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of an Entrant or potential winner cannot be resolved to Administrators satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. Entries will not be acknowledged except as provided herein. Contest prizes are non-transferable and cannot be substituted, sold or bartered. Void where prohibited by law. Registered representatives of a broker/dealer are also not eligible.
If a selected Sweepstakes Winner does not meet the eligibility requirements, he/she will be disqualified, and an alternate winner will be selected. The Sweepstakes Winner must be eligible to open a Maryland College Investment Plan (MCIP) account and will be required within 90 days to complete, execute and return a MCIP account enrollment form (for new accounts) or the Prize will be forfeited. Sweepstakes Winner will also be required to name a beneficiary on the enrollment form, who must be under 18 years of age and listed on the Sweepstakes entry form.
3. HOW TO ENTER:
There is one entry option:
To participate, Entrants must submit their entry via https://www.portdiscovery.org/contests during the valid sweepstakes period. Entrants must submit a photo or a drawing depicting what the child for whom they are submitting an entry dreams for their future, and must also complete an entry form and provide their first and last name, valid email address, phone number, zip code, child’s name, child’s age (as of April 1, 2020), and description of what the photo or drawing depicts. The child must be between one (1) and twelve (12) years old as of April 1, 2020. By submitting this entry, you are attesting that you have the permission of the child’s parent to do so.
Entrant must affirmatively accept the Official Rules to receive one (1) entry into the Contest. Limit one (1) entry per person. Entries must be submitted as described above; no other method of entry will be accepted. Entries in excess of the limitation may result in disqualification of the Entrant. Each Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the email address and/or phone number used for entry. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. Entrants must provide all information requested on entry form to be eligible to win. All information provided by Entrants becomes the property of Administrator.
ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT THE REQUESTED ENTRY INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. The Administrator reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that the Administrator determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules.
4. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. WINNER SELECTION and NOTIFICATION: One (1) potential winner (“Potential Winner”) will be selected at random on or about June 5, 2020, by the Administrator (or a designated representative of the Administrator) from all of the eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The Potential Winner will be notified by phone and/or e-mail to confirm their eligibility. The Potential Winner will be required to respond to the notification within 15 days. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize. If a prize goes unclaimed or the Potential Winner is found to be ineligible, or if she or he has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, the Potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate contest winner may be selected, at the sole discretion of the Administrator. Potential Winners will be required to verify their address, age, ability to open a MCIP account (including citizenship status and having a TIN/SSN). The Administrator, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) Potential Winners with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. The Administrator reserves the right to disqualify anyone not fully complying with the Official Rules. The final Sweepstakes Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the redemption of a prize. Once selected, the Sweepstakes Winner’s information will be posted (with consent of the Sweepstakes Winner) at www.PortDiscovery.org/contests.
6. PRIZE: The Sweepstakes Winner will receive a) one $529 deposit in a Maryland College Investment Plan (MCIP) account for the designated child (Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of Prize: $529); and b) one Annual (1) Family Membership valid for one year for up to four (4) people (up to 2 adult cardholders) at Port Discovery Children’s Museum (ARV $140). If the Sweepstakes Winner already has an active MCIP account, the $529 will be deposited into the Sweepstakes Winner’s account. If the Sweepstakes Winner has multiple MCIP accounts, the $529 will be directed into the account that the Sweepstakes Winner indicates. All prizes offered will be awarded, except under the circumstances described in paragraph (5). Sweepstakes Winners cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person, except at discretion of Administrators. Other restrictions may apply. The Prize is awarded without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). The Sweepstakes Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes applicable to acceptance and use of the Prize, including income taxes, if any, and may be required to provide his/her Social Security number or Federal taxpayer identification number for tax reporting purposes. A completed Internal Revenue Service Form W-9 may be required for tax purposes. Any and all costs associated with acceptance and use of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Sweepstakes Winner.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes and/or by accepting any prize, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective successors, trustees, directors, officers, agents, representatives, assigns, and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, costs, injuries, death, losses or damages arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of a prize. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) any injuries, losses, liabilities or damages of any kind including, without limitation, personal injury or death caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize including, without limitation, participation in any activity or travel related thereto, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (v) any inability of winner to accept or use any prize (or portion thereof) for any reason and such prize or portion thereof shall be forfeited; (vi) the unauthorized or illegal access to personally identifiable or sensitive information; or (vii) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials or activities associated with the Sweepstakes.
8. DISPUTES: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Maryland, without respect to any choice of law or conflict of law principles that would result in the submission of any law other than that of Maryland.
Please read the entire Enrollment Kit carefully before deciding to enroll. The Maryland Senator Edward J. Kasemeyer College Investment Plan Disclosure Statement provides investment objectives, risks, expenses and costs, fees, and other information you should consider carefully before investing. If you or your beneficiary live outside of Maryland, you should compare Maryland 529 to any college savings program offered by your home state or your beneficiary’s home state, which may offer state tax or other state benefits such as financial aid, scholarship funds, and protection from creditors that are only available for investments in such state’s 529 plan. T. Rowe Price Investment Services, Inc., Distributor/Underwriter.