Our members can send their children to the Museum with a temporary authorized person (e.g. nanny, grandparent) with a signed note to use their membership at no additional charge. For safety reasons, your guests may not be admitted without a signed, dated note with contact information.
A reciprocal membership with the Association of Children’s Museums (available with the Family Plus/Contributing Family levels) allows you to visit 200 other participating children’s museums around the country for 50% off general admission for 6 people. For a list of ACM museums, please click here. Each museum has a unique admission policy. Please contact the museum you will be visiting to find out more information.
Port Discovery welcomes ACM members every day the Museum is open to the public.
Visiting members must provide proof of a current reciprocal membership to gain entry.
One adult named on the card must be present at the time of entry. Up to five additional guests may accompany the adult cardholder into the Museum.
The cost of an upgrade is:
- $30 when upgrading from a Family to Family Plus (6 Person)
- $50 when upgrading from the Family Plus to a Contributing Family
- $80 when upgrading from the Family to a Contributing Family
Your membership expiration date remains the same upon upgrading to another membership level.
Upgrades cannot be applied to memberships purchased through Certifikid or third parties due to ACM restrictions.
Yes, but please read on for details! Many new guests like to "try" the Museum before purchasing a membership. The purchase of general admission can be applied toward membership only on the day of purchase and only on a one-to-one exchange. Only tickets from one receipt/transaction can be applied to a membership. For example, if a visitor purchases five (5) tickets to the Museum and then would like to apply the purchase to the Family membership only the cost of four (4) tickets may be applied.
Membership to Port Discovery allows you and your family unlimited visits to the museum for an entire year during our normal operating hours.
A membership at Port Discovery Children’s Museum offers a full year of imaginative and purposeful play for your entire family! Enjoy unlimited admission and exclusive benefits like free member-only events, sneak peeks at new exhibits, discounts on birthday parties, and much more!
Enroll online via our Museum Membership webpage or sign up at the Port Discovery Box Office during your next visit and receive your membership on the spot. (Please note that memberships cannot be purchased in the Members Express line.) You can also become a member by calling 410.864.2665.
- We recommend the exhibit for ages 5+, but you are the best judge of your children’s interest and ability.
- Adults are welcome to climb!
- Socks (but not shoes!) are required to climb. We'll provide them to borrow or to buy, and you're more than welcome to use your own.
- Shoe cubbies are available for your use.
- No loose clothing, jewelry, drawstrings, or objects in your hands, mouth or pockets.
- Look both ways and allow others to climb down first.
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- No climbing on the outside of the Climber or Slide.
- Ask a staff member if you need any help and follow instructions.
- The Storm Slide is very fun – and very fast! It’s a spiral slide and does travel quickly.
- Only one rider at a time (single riders only). Ride feet first and lie on your back for the entire ride. Fold your arms across your
- Please remember to put your shoes back on when you are done climbing. Shoes are required throughout the rest of the Museum.
We design exhibits and programs for children ages birth through 10. You can learn more about each of our exhibits and what ages they are geared to, what activities they include, what children will learn, and other play tips on our Exhibits & Experiences page.
You can also explore exhibits and experiences by age on our Activities by Age page.
Occasionally parents and children are temporarily separated – which we know can be a scary event for everyone! Our staff is trained to look for and re-unite separated guests, but in the event you are separated during your visit to the Museum, here are tips to follow:
- Pre-arrange a family meeting place before engaging in the Museum exhibits and activities. Instruct all family members to re-unite at this location in the event they become separated from one another.
- Identify a Port Discovery Children’s Museum staff member with a radio or wearing a purple polo shirt. They will be happy to help you and your party reunite.
- Try to remember identifying details about your party – in the event that a staff member is helping to find your separated guest(s), they’ll ask you questions like the person’s name, description, approximate height, what clothing they are wearing, etc.
For family-friendly accommodations near the museum, check out information on nearby hotels, restaurants and attractions. Check Visit Baltimore's website for other hotel options near Port Discovery Children's Museum and other Downtown Baltimore attractions!