To ensure there's plenty of room for play, learning, and safe physical distancing, we've significantly reduced our capacity and the number of tickets we sell on any day the Museum is open. As a result, you'll find that the number of people enjoying the Museum at any one time will be significantly reduced.
To manage visitor capacity, admission is by advance reservation and ticketing only. Before arriving at the Museum. you must reserve or purchase a ticket for the day you'd like to visit the Museum. Be sure to plan ahead to make sure you can join us on the day that works best for you.
We ask that families respect the space of other families while being understanding that physical distancing can be hard for children. We ask you to remind children to play within their bubble.
We've also installed sanitizing stations throughout the Museum and require guests to use them upon entrance to the Museum and upon entrance/exit of each exhibit area. We also ask that guests wash their hands frequently while visiting the Museum.
We've installed Plexi-glass barriers in several areas throughout the Museum as well, including at our Box Office Ticketing Stations and at several exhibit areas in the Museum as well.
It takes all of us to create a safe, smart, and magical place to play and learn! To ensure all visitors have a great and safe experience, we expect our staff, volunteers, visitors, and members to act responsibly and be considerate of others as we share this space. Your responsibilities as a guest include:
- Sick Visitor Policy: Port Discovery Children’s Museum works to provide a safe and healthy environment for all guests. As part of our effort to create this environment, we ask staff and guests to avoid visiting if you or anyone in your party are sick, showing signs of illness, have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19 like symptoms, or have recently received a positive COVID-19 test result. Upon purchasing or reserving tickets, guests will be required to sign waivers regarding your responsibilities as a visitor, and regarding what the Museum is doing to keep you safe. Staff and Museum vendors are also required to complete health screenings before entering the Museum. Review the full sick policy.
- Stay within your bubble. Practice safe physical distancing. We ask that guests please stay within their bubble - also known as the group of people you are visiting with - and maintain a distance of at least 6 feet away from staff members and those not within your party. Please also observe exhibit capacity signage. Floor markers and reminder signage will be found in all spaces.
- Face Coverings Required for All Visitors Age 2 & Up: In accordance with updates to the Baltimore City's mask mandates, all visitors ages two and older will be required to wear a mask when visiting Port Discovery, regardless of vaccination status. Please remember that masks and face coverings must cover the nose and mouth, be secured with ties or ear loops and fit snugly against the face, and must be worn throughout your visit to the Museum. You may temporarily remove your mask if you visit the Pier to have a drink or snack.
- Keeping it Clean: We have installed hand sanitizer stations throughout the Museum, including upon entry to the Museum and upon entry/exit to each exhibit. Guests are required to sanitize their hands when entering the Museum, and when entering/exiting each exhibit space. We also ask guests to wash their hands frequently during their visit. Please also use the dirty toy bins throughout the Museum to place dirtied toys.
- Snacks and drinks other than water are only allowed in The Pier (located on the first floor). Tables and chairs will be arranged to allow safe physical distancing. Please share tables with those in your bubble only. Use the provided hand wipes to wipe down surfaces before and after use. Masks can be temporarily removed while seated and snacking or enjoying beverages only.
- See something odd? Tell us! Help us ensure you have a great visit. Tell us if you encounter something that needs cleaning up, isn’t working properly, or seems odd. We’re here to help! Comment cards are also available.
Please review our full Code of Conduct here: https://www.portdiscovery.org/conduct
We've used CDC, State, and Local Guidelines to implement a variety of new procedures to ensure a safe visit for your family – including required advance ticketing, significantly limited capacity, leveled up cleaning and disinfecting practices, and a variety of updates to the Museum experience to encourage physical distancing and reduce the spread of germs. Please also keep in mind that we will depend on our kids at heart (that's you, adults!) to help us by ensuring that you only visit the Museum when healthy, that you are washing and sanitizing hands regularly, that you follow our updated code of conduct, and that you are alerting staff to any concerns.
In accordance with updates to Baltimore City's mask mandates, all visitors ages two and older will be required to wear a mask when visiting Port Discovery, regardless of vaccination status. Please remember that masks and face coverings must cover the nose and mouth, be secured with ties or ear loops and fit snugly against the face, and must be worn throughout your visit to the Museum. You may temporarily remove your mask if you visit the Pier to have a drink or snack. Port Discovery will also continue requiring online ticket purchases in advance of your visit. We ask that you please continue to stay home and not visit the Museum if you are sick.
Please visit https://www.portdiscovery.org/what-know-you-visit for information and updates we've made to the Museum experience.
No. Ticket reservations/purchases are non-transferable and non-refundable. This applies to members as well. If you need to reschedule a reservation due to health concerns or other matters, please call the Box Office at 410-864-2744 by 10AM the day of your visit and request to reschedule your visit to another date and/or time, subject to availability and a rescheduling fee of $5.00. Visits cannot be rescheduled after your purchased/reserved ticket visit date has passed.
All ticket purchases/reservations are subject to limitations based on the available number of tickets for the session. Subject to availability, Members can reserve as many tickets as there are people on the membership.
We value and appreciate your feedback, and want to hear from you. We strongly encourage you to let us know about any concerns you have while you are visiting so that we can do our very best to resolve them. If you have any concerns after entering the Museum, please ask to speak with a manager so that we can find a solution. If you have feedback to share after your visit, please contact us at info@PortDiscovery.org.
Our online system has limited ability to accept coupons or process discounts. If you have a valid coupon or discount you would like to redeem, please call 410-864-2744 to reserve/purchase your tickets over the phone.
Tickets are non-refundable; however, we understand things happen! If you need to reschedule a reservation due to health concerns or other matters, please call the Box Office at 410-864-2744 by 10AM the day of your visit and request to reschedule your visit to another date and/or time, subject to availability and a rescheduling fee of $5.00. Visits cannot be rescheduled after your purchased/reserved ticket visit date has passed.
You will need to show a matching photo ID upon arrival to the Museum. Once checked in, you will be given a receipt as proof of purchase that can be used for re-entry for the date and Play Session that you have valid tickets for.
Port Discovery is currently offering a morning play session (10 AM – 1 PM) and an afternoon play session (2 PM – 5 PM each day that the Museum is open to the public. Each play session will be open to less than 500 guests per session in order to make it easy for guests to spread out, explore and maintain physical distancing. The Museum will close for an hour in between sessions, allowing Museum staff to reset and prepare the Museum for the next fans of play! Important: You may arrive at any time during your reserved play session and will need to exit promptly by the end of your session. Purchased general admission tickets and member reservations will be valid for one Play Session (morning or afternoon) per day only. Please remember that advance tickets/reservations are required for ALL play sessions; in-person tickets are not available at this time. Please check www.PortDiscovery.org/visit to purchase/reserve tickets, and for information on Museum hours, location, parking and other tips to help you prepare for your visit.