Port Discovery has gone green! Your card will be sent via email to the email address listed on the membership within 3 business days. Should you wish to visit the museum before receiving your card via email, bring your photo ID and the Box Office will welcome you for a great visit!
Membership starts on the date of purchase and will expire the following year at the end of the month of purchase. Example: A Membership purchased on 7/1/21 will begin on the date of purchase and expire 7/31/22.
Our members can send their children to the Museum with a temporary authorized person (e.g. nanny, grandparent) with a signed note to use their membership at no additional charge. For safety reasons, your guests may not be admitted without a signed, dated note with contact information.
A reciprocal membership with the Association of Children’s Museums (available with the Family Plus/Contributing Family levels) allows you to visit 200 other participating children’s museums around the country for 50% off general admission for 6 people. For a list of ACM museums, please click here. Each museum has a unique admission policy. Please contact the museum you will be visiting to find out more information.
Port Discovery welcomes ACM members every day the Museum is open to the public.
Visiting members must provide proof of a current reciprocal membership to gain entry.
One adult named on the card must be present at the time of entry. Up to five additional guests may accompany the adult cardholder into the Museum.
The cost of an upgrade is:
- $30 when upgrading from a Family to Family Plus (6 Person)
- $50 when upgrading from the Family Plus to a Contributing Family
- $80 when upgrading from the Family to a Contributing Family
Your membership expiration date remains the same upon upgrading to another membership level.
Upgrades cannot be applied to memberships purchased through Certifikid or third parties due to ACM restrictions.
Yes, but please read on for details! Many new guests like to "try" the Museum before purchasing a membership. The purchase of general admission can be applied toward membership only on the day of purchase and only on a one-to-one exchange. Only tickets from one receipt/transaction can be applied to a membership. For example, if a visitor purchases five (5) tickets to the Museum and then would like to apply the purchase to the Family membership only the cost of four (4) tickets may be applied.
Membership to Port Discovery allows you and your family unlimited visits to the museum for an entire year during our normal operating hours.
A membership at Port Discovery Children’s Museum offers a full year of imaginative and purposeful play for your entire family! Enjoy unlimited admission and exclusive benefits like free member-only events, sneak peeks at new exhibits, discounts on birthday parties, and much more!
Enroll online via our Museum Membership webpage or sign up at the Port Discovery Box Office during your next visit and receive your membership on the spot. (Please note that memberships cannot be purchased in the Members Express line.) You can also become a member by calling 410.864.2665.
- We recommend the exhibit for ages 5+. To go up and down the climbing structure, children must be 3+. To go down the Storm Slide, children must be at least 5 years of age and meet the height requirement. Children not meeting the slide requirement must go down the climbing structure.
- Adults are welcome to climb!
- Socks (but not shoes!) are required to climb. You may bring your own socks, or you may purchase socks at the Box Office during your visit to the Museum.
- Shoe cubbies are available for your use.
- No loose clothing, jewelry, drawstrings, or objects in your hands, mouth or pockets.
- Look both ways and allow others to climb down first.
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- No climbing on the outside of the Climber or Slide.
- Ask a staff member if you need any help and follow instructions.
- The Storm Slide is very fun – and very fast! It’s a spiral slide and does travel quickly.
- Only one rider at a time (single riders only). Ride feet first and lie on your back for the entire ride. Fold your arms across your
- Please remember to put your shoes back on when you are done climbing. Shoes are required throughout the rest of the Museum.
We design exhibits and programs for children ages birth through 10. You can learn more about each of our exhibits and what ages they are geared to, what activities they include, what children will learn, and other play tips on our Exhibits & Experiences page.
You can also explore exhibits and experiences by age on our Activities by Age page.