Dress for play! Activity rules the day at Port Discovery, so we suggest wearing comfortable clothing and closed-toe, rubber-soled sneakers or shoes.We’d recommend not wearing high-heeled shoes or boots, open-toed sandals, or flip flops, and suggest removing all loose or hanging jewelry before you play.
A few very important things to note:
- Socks are required in the SkyClimber. You are welcome to bring your own or you may purchase socks from our Box Office while at the Museum.
- Shoes need to be removed to use the SkyClimber. You’ll find shoe cubbies at the base of the SkyClimber to store your shoes.
- If you plan on climbing the SkyClimber, you will be asked to remove and store anything that could become a hazard when climbing.
- Shoes are required in other areas of the Museum, so when you’re done climbing on the SkyClimber, please put your shoes back on to explore.
- We suggest packing a change of clothes if you’re visiting the Wonders of Water exhibit - most guests report getting wet in this area!
There are a number of areas to park nearby the Museum. For details on how to get to the Museum and the closest parking convenient to Port DIscovery, visit our Location & Parking page.
Please visit our Hours, Admission Tickets & Discounts page for up-to-date information on the Museum's hours of operation. You'll find that we are often open on holidays and for school breaks - but always be sure to check our hours of operation before planning a visit!
Please note that the parking garage adjacent to the Museum often is unable to honor parking validations on holidays and/or school breaks. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Port Discovery Children’s Museum is a 501(c)3 non-profit. Every dollar we raise through admission, donations, grants, and other funding sources is invested into the Museum and into the community. Your admission helps us pay for things like exhibits, programs, materials, maintenance, cleaning, electricity and more. Your admission and donations also helps us fund things like community access programs, outreach into schools, Judy Centers, YMCAs and other community locations, and much more.
Please visit our Hours, Admission Tickets and Discounts page for information on available discounts/promotions.