at Port Discovery for a Limited Time
Featured Exhibits at Port Discovery Children's Museum
Currently, Port Discovery is featuring Nickelodeon's Dora & Diego - Let's Explore! exhibit, open through February 18, 2018, and will open a new featured exhibit, A·MAZE·D: The Puzzling World of Dave Phillips, on November 24, 2018.
On Exhibit at Port Discovery through February 19, 2018
Children and families are invited to the enchanting world of Dora the Explorer, her animal-rescuing cousin Diego, and their friends Boots and Baby Jaguar! Explore Isa's Flowery Garden, help Tico gather nuts, join the Pirate Piggies crew as they set sail, and search for baby animals in the Rainforest Maze.
Favorite friends and places from episodes of Dora the Explorer and Go, Diego, Go! are incorporated into the exhibit including
- The Purple Planet: Visit the Purple Planet with Dora and Boots! A Purple Planet home invites young visitors to climb inside and slide down on the surface of the Purple Planet.
- Rocket Ship: Dora’s outer-space friends want to go back to the Purple Planet and need help getting there. Aboard the Rocket Ship, preschoolers are invited to put on a spacesuit, pilot the ship, and test their memory with images of colorful planets as they help Dora and Boots take their outer-space friends home.
- Constellations: On the way to the Purple Planet, Dora and Boots encounter some interesting star groupings. Children and their families are invited to help identify the patterns made out of stars by inserting star shapes to light-up a constellation.
- Isa’s Flowery Garden: Dora’s friend Isa the Iguana demonstrates how to take care of flowers, plants, and animals. Preschool visitors can tour Isa’s Garden to pick flowers, interact with bird, butterfly, and insect puppets, and pretend-fly with toddler-sized bird and butterfly wings. Even the littlest visitors will enjoy smelling the flowery scents and picking soft-fabric posies.
- Tico’s Tree and Car: Dora is a good friend to Tico the squirrel and young visitors are invited to be a good friend to Tico too. Tico needs help picking nuts from the tree for a family picnic. Children can play along with Swiper to swipe the nuts and watch as they shoot up and over to fill Tico’s basket. Tico’s car is in need of fuel! Visitors can help Tico fill up his car with nuts so he can begin his journey.
- Pirate Ship: In the Pirate Ship, preschoolers can join the Pirate Piggies crew and dress like a pirate to pretend-play along sailing the ship and divvying up the treasure. Visitors can raise and lower the Pirate Piggies’ flag, look through the telescopes to spot the treasure chest and then divvy up the coins into the Pirate Piggies’ banks and help them share the treasure.
- Animal Rescue Center: Young children can practice caring and helping rainforest animals in Diego’s Animal Rescue Center. Preschoolers can be an animal rescuer, like Diego, as they diagnose and address an animal’s problem from the ‘Scanner’ bed, bandage and apply cold packs at the ‘First-Aid Station,’ and bathe stuffed animals at the ‘Care Station.’
- Rainforest Maze: Preschoolers will explore a rainforest to locate rainforest animals. Active play is encouraged as children swing across the Bobo Brothers’ monkey bars, crawl through a fallen tree, climb across Jaguar Mountain, and jump or hop across the River Rocks.
Children will role-play, solve problems, practice sharing, and caring behaviors, and learn Spanish words. Everyone will celebrate a successful day - "We did it! ¡Lo hicimos!"
Become a member to experience this exhibit for free.
Produced by The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis in cooperation with Nickelodeon, the Dora and Diego—Let’s Explore! exhibit is presented by The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis. Locally sponsored by Whole Foods Market. Media sponsor: Latin Opinion.
©2017 Viacom International Inc. All rights reserved. Nickelodeon, Dora the Explorer, Go, Diego, Go! and all related titles, logos, and characters are trademarks of Viacom International Inc.
Current Hours Week of 12/16: (Subject to change): Saturday - Closed | Sunday 1 PM - 4PM
The maze will reopen for Winter Break with the following hours: Tuesday 1 PM - 3 PM| Wednesday Noon - 3PM | Thursday 1 PM - 3 PM | Friday Noon - 3PM | Saturday - Noon - 3PM | Sunday 1 PM - 4PM
Put on your thinking caps as you explore giant indoor mazes inside Port Discovery Children’s Museum! A·MAZE·D will challenge kids and adults alike with mazes by Dave Phillips. This puzzling exhibit gets you moving as you weave, turn and use logic, math and problem-solving skills to become a maze master! Jump from dot to dot in Hop Dots, confound yourself as you walk the puzzle mazes, and get lost in a giant walk-through cardboard box maze. Learn about the history of mazes and labyrinths, see original maze art, and much more.
Produced by Port Discovery Children’s Museum and Dave Phillips. All maze designs are copyright by Dave Phillips. Please note: exhibit may be closed on select dates to accommodate private rentals.
Go on an active adventure in Nickelodeon's Dora & Diego - Let's Explore! exhibit!