Location & Parking
Enjoy Convenient Parking & Kid-Friendly Fun in Baltimore's Inner Harbor
Port Discovery's Address & Parking Information
Port Discovery is Located At
35 Market Place, Baltimore, MD 21202
Located in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor (Just one turn off of President Street)
Parking Garage: Please note that the address for the nearest parking garage, Harbor Park Garage, is 55 Market Place. This parking garage is directly next door to the main entrances for the Museum.
Parking for Port Discovery Children's Museum
Located directly next door to Port Discovery Children’s Museum at the corner of Lombard Street and Market Place. The Harbor Park Garage offers discounted parking on most of the days the Museum is open. Please carefully read the below information.
*Please note, some dates may be excluded.
Harbor Park Garage: 55 Market Place, Baltimore, MD 21202
Enjoy $15 Parking when you prepay for parking at our partner garage, The Harbor Park Garage. Follow the directions below.
Please note: Some dates may be excluded from this discounted parking offer.
To purchase discounted prepaid parking:
- Visit this prepaid parking link: https://spothero.com/search?latitude=39.2890694&longitude=-76.6062889&sid=1040&referrer=widget&sha_affiliate=2082&operator_id=2289
- Select the date you plan to visit the Museum
- Select your arrival and departure time. Please note: Discounted parking is available from one hour before the museum opens to one hour after the museum closes. Please check the Museum's Hours of Operation page for information on the hours of operation for the date you plan to visit.
- Parking discount availability subject to change without notice.
- Please remember that Harbor Park Garage is the only garage that offers discount parking for Port Discovery Children's Museum
- We're sorry, but Port Discovery does not manage nor provide refunds for parking at the Harbor Park Garage.
Bus, Van & Motorcoach Parking
Port Discovery welcomes groups of all sizes! Please find information on unloading and parking buses, vans and motorcoaches near our facility below.
Locations for bus and van parking near our facility include:
- Edison Parkfast 215 East Fayette Street Baltimore, MD 21202 410-244-0606
- LAZ Parking 300 East Pratt Street Lot 144 Commerce Street Baltimore, MD 21202 410-659-4079
- Pier V Surface Lot 721 Eastern Avenue Baltimore, MD 21202 443-909-7590 (Cannot accommodate school bus size vehicles)
- Central Parking Systems –Camden Yards Lot C 351 West Camden Street Baltimore, MD 21201 410-347-9330
For more information about rates, availability, and hours of operation, please contact the suggested parking lots provided. Please adhere to the loading, unloading, and parking instructions to make your visit pleasant. Unattended, illegally stages/parked vehicles or unauthorized street loading may result in traffic citations up to $102.00.
Find information on Motorcoach/Large Vehicle Parking information via the Visit Baltimore website. Please note that all parking at this facility must be pre-purchased online. Blackout dates do apply.
Maryland Transit Administration (MTA)
The Shot Tower/Market Place Metro Subway Station is located within just a few steps of Port Discovery Children's Museum. When exiting the Shot Tower/Market Place Station, head towards Market Place. Port Discovery is the first building on your left. The MTA Metro runs from Owings Mills to JHU Station (https://www.mta.maryland.gov/schedule/metrosubway).
The nearest Light Rail stop is Convention Center/Pratt Street, a good 15-20 minute walk to the museum across the Inner Harbor. You can also transfer from the light rail to the MTA Bus or FREE Charm City Circulator to Port Discovery Children’s Museum. https://www.mta.maryland.gov/schedule/lightrail
CityLink Red: Downtown-Towson/Lutherville- https://www.mta.maryland.gov/schedule/red -
CityLink Yellow: Mondawmin- UMBC/Patapsco-https://www.mta.maryland.gov/schedule/yellow -
CityLink Blue: CMS- Johns Hopkins Bayview- https://www.mta.maryland.gov/schedule/blue -
CityLink Purple: Hopkins Hospital- Catonsville- https://www.mta.maryland.gov/schedule/purple -
CityLink Brown: White Marsh- Downtown- https://www.mta.maryland.gov/schedule/brown
- CityLink Navy: Mondawin-Dundak- https://www.mta.maryland.gov/schedule/navy
- LocalLink 54: State Center- Carney/Hillendale- https://www.mta.maryland.gov/schedule/54
- LocalLink 67: Downtown- Marley Neck- https://www.mta.maryland.gov/schedule/67
- LocalLink 76: CCBC- Downtown- https://www.mta.maryland.gov/schedule/76
- LocalLink 78: Downton- CMS- https://www.mta.maryland.gov/schedule/78
Express Bus Link (Weekday Peak Service Only) 105: Cedonia-Downtown
Express Bus Link (Weekday Peak Service Only) 150: Columbia-Downtown/Harbor East- https://www.mta.maryland.gov/schedule/150
Express Bus Link (Weekday Peak Service Only) 154: State Center- Carney/Hillendale- https://www.mta.maryland.gov/schedule/154
Express Bus Link (Weekday Peak Service Only) 160: Downtown/Hopkins Hospital- Essex - https://www.mta.maryland.gov/schedule/160
Express Bus Link (Weekday Peak Service Only) 164: Riviera Beach-Downtown - https://www.mta.maryland.gov/schedule/160
The Charm City Circulator is a FREE shuttle that runs four separate routes in Baltimore city, generally arriving every 15-30minutes at the designated stops on each route. The ORANGE and GREEN Routes both have stops near Port Discovery.
- Orange route, nearest stop- East Bound: Columbus Center on Pratt Street. West Bound: President Street/East Lombard.
- Green route, nearest stop- Market Place South Bound on East Baltimore Street or Market Place Northbound on President Street.
When planning your trip use the Charm City Circulator live shuttle tracker visit: https://cityofbaltimore.ridesystems.net/stops/132
The Harbor Connector (HC) is an extension of the CCC and is the City’s free maritime transit service connecting 6 piers through four vessels. The nearest Pier Stop is PIER 5/ Harbor east on H3 route. From Pier 5/Harbor East you can walk along Baltimore’s Inner Harbor (about a 10-minute walk) to Market Place or ride the free Orange or Green Charm City circulator. When planning your trip use the Water Connector website: https://baltimorewatertaxi.com/routes/