We are smiling from ear to ear (behind our masks, of course!) as we welcome you and your family back to the Port Discovery Children’s Museum you know and love – now with new measures in place to keep you safe.
As we reopen, we’re implementing a variety of new procedures to ensure a safe visit for your family – including limited capacity, leveled up cleaning, mask requirements, and a variety of updates to the Museum experience to encourage physical distancing and reduce the spread of germs.
Make your next visit to the Museum easy-peasy by checking out our 5 Tips & Tricks below:
1. Purchase & Reserve Tickets Online - Now Required
To easily manage visitor admission and lower the number of in-person transactions happening, we are so excited to allow you to Purchase & Reserve your tickets to the Museum entirely online!
Even better news, online purchase fees have been eliminated! Woohoo! Museum Members will continue to receive free admission as always. For assistance or to use special passes and coupons, tickets may also be reserved by calling the Box Office at 410-864-2744.
2. Know the Flow & Keep Physically Distant
Follow the fun! To help manage traffic patterns inside the Museum, all guests will be directed to explore each floor in a counter-clockwise manner. Guests and staff will be instructed to practice physical distancing by keeping at least six feet away from others who are not in their group. In addition, all exhibit areas will have capacity limits using CDC guidelines and based on the specific size and layout of each space. Certain areas will be converted into one-way passages to maintain physical distance, including the museum entrance and exit and staircases.
3. Become Familiar with New Low-Contact Entry & Check-In Procedures
In addition to traffic flow within the Museum, modifications have been made to the Museum check-in experience in order to create a low-contact experience for all guests! Updates include:
● One Way Entrance / Exit & Line Queuing: Guests will be directed to one-way entry and exit doors. Signage will be visible at eye level and on the floor to direct physical distanced line queuing. Transparent plexiglass “sneeze guard” partitions and self-swipe credit card machines have been added to the Box Office desk.
● Check-In Process: Present a digital or print copy of your ticket confirmation along with a matching photo ID upon arrival to the Museum. Once checked in, you will be given a receipt as proof of purchase that can be used for same-day re-entry.
● Guest Health Screening: At the Box Office Check-In (and prior to entering the main Museum area), guests will be required to complete a short health screening questionnaire in accordance with the Museum’s sick policy. If any guests answers in the affirmative of the questions in the health screening, the Museum will extend the tickets for the guests to return at a later date.
● Orientation: Upon completion of the Box Office Check-In, guests will be given a brief welcome orientation by one of our Museum Experience Associates, reviewing how our Museum has made modifications for safety and tips to ensure a fun and exciting visit.
4. Introduce Your Kiddo to Mask Wearing
At Port Discovery Children's Museum , face coverings are required for all guests ages 2 and older unless not advised due to a medical condition as outlined by the CDC.
Would visiting the Museum be one of the first longer period of times that your kiddo has had to wear a mask? Practice beforehand!
Check out our blog for 3 Face Mask Wearing Tips & Tricks for Kids!
5. Get Excited! We Can’t Wait to See You!
It’s been over 5 months since we’ve seen your smiling faces, heard your bursting giggles and welcomed you to the Museum - and we are smiling from ear to ear (behind our masks, of course)!
As we reopen, we will learn and adjust along the way. Please check back ahead of visiting for the most up-to-date information on Port Discovery’s operations.