Get ready for the first day of school with these helpful back-to-school tips from the educators at Port Discovery.
Ready for the new school year? The Education department at Port Discovery has put together these helpful tips to ease your child into the upcoming school year and make the back-to-school transition a little easier!
Start your child’s school year off right with these Five Tips to Prepare your Child for the First Day of School:
1) Attend Back-to-School Night: Meeting the teacher and seeing the classroom before the first day of school can help your child ease into starting school this fall. Plan to attend your child’s back-to school-night in Baltimore City, Baltimore County, and Howard County.
2) Shop for Back-to-School Items Together: Get a copy of the school supply list and make a special shopping trip with your child to buy what he or she needs together. Plan your shopping trip with the school supply list for Howard County or search for your school’s list.
3) Start your Routine Early: The week before school starts, set your alarm clock, eat breakfast, and get dressed like you would during the school year to make the first day less stressful.
4) Prepare for the First Day Together: Have your child pack their bag, lay out their clothes, and make lunch the night before. While you help your child get ready for the first day, ask what your child is looking forward to at school and what he/she may be concerned about.
5) Enjoy the Rest of Summer: Go on a fun outing or do an enjoyable activity at home as a family. Playing together is a great way to learn when not in school, so make the most of it and go have some fun! For fun family events, check out our Ways to Play this August and Ways to Play this September, explore events, resources and tips from (cool) Progeny and find upcoming events on Baltimore’s Child and Chesapeake Family.
We wish all students, teachers, and parents a successful new school year!