Spud-tacular news! A new family-favorite is coming to Port Discovery this fall!
The Adventures of MR. POTATO HEAD® exhibit will be coming to Port Discovery September 22, 2018 through January 21, 2019!
Join us for lots of family fun, learning and memories as you crawl through a jungle cave, dig for treasure, go scuba diving, and command a space station as you think about all you can be and do!
Some of what you can expect: Explore areas including:
- Walk through an awe-inspiring collection of MR. POTATO HEAD® parts and accessories as well as an anthology to depict the character’s wild adventures.
- Join Commander MR. POTATO HEAD® aboard the S.P.U.D. space station! Learn about repair and maintenance to the station. Check out the commander’s chair, use the intergalactic translator, explore the galaxy and conduct experiments at the isolation glove box!
- Go on an archeological dig in SPUD QUEST and search for the statue of King Tato. Solve mazes, decipher “tatoglyphs” and use special maps to explore the treasure chamber.
- Go on an underwater adventure with ocean explorer Jacques Coustato in SPUD OVERBOARD. Build fanciful reefs, meet a friendly octopus and wise clam, and enjoy simulated snorkeling adventures!
- Enjoy a pretend mudslide, search for mysterious objects inside a cave, and use your senses to identify sounds and creatures in SPUD SAFARI.
Admission to the exhibit is included with entry to Port Discovery, which is $15.95 per person for individuals two and older. Members and children under two enter for free. For more information, visit www.PortDiscovery.org.
Interested in a field trip featuring The Adventures of MR. POTATO HEAD® exhibit and related educational activities? Visit our Field Trips page or contact Kristie Gulick at 410.864.2664 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Adventures of MR. POTATO HEAD® exhibit was created by the Betty Brinn Children’s Museum in collaboration with Hasbro. MR. POTATO HEAD® is a registered trademark of Hasbro, Inc. and is used with permission. © 2018 Hasbro. All rights reserved. The national exhibit tour is sponsored by the Northwestern Mutual Foundation, with additional support provided by Debra Altshul-Stark and Brian Stark, and the Greater Milwaukee Foundation. Locally sponsored by M&T Bank.
Programs and exhibits at Port Discovery are made possible in part by the Citizens of Baltimore County and by the Howard County Arts Council through a grant from Howard County Government.