Three-stories tall and 20 years of fun - all good things must come to an end.
Join us on Monday, January 1, 2019 for a celebration like no other as we say one last – and crazy fun - final goodbye to KidWorks. Aside from fun celebrations throughout the day, one lucky slider will get be the last kid ever to slide down KidWorks.
Take part in our raffle to see who will be the lucky guest to take the final slide down the beloved KidWorks slide while donning our GoPro! Before the action begins, stop by Pop-Up Art to decorate paper banners the lucky slider will crash through at the top and bottom of the slide and make your very own noise makers to up the excitement when the Farewell begins!
After the last slide, join us as we send anything and everything we've ever wanted to down the slide! Ever wondered what it would be like to throw a typewriter, watermelons, instruments or really anything you can think of down our two-story slide? Now you'll see for yourself! Let your imagination run wild and experience this exclusive goodbye party to our three-story climber, KidWorks!
Activities for the day include:
- 10:00 AM - 12 Noon (Again 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM): Leave your personal message or goodbye to KidWorks on a ribbon to be weaved into the climber itself at Pop-Up Art!
- 11:30 AM: Enjoy a classic storybook in a new and interactive way during Circle Time! Explore music and instruments while your imagination comes to life while reading together.
- 2:30 PM: Join us to see who will win the raffle to be the last kid to ever slide down KidWorks! Will it be you? You'll have to come to try for yourself!
- 3:00 PM: The time has come...prepare to watch the lucky last slider bust through paper banners as they begin the last slide ever and again at the bottom!
- 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Typewriters, eggs, watermelons, you name it - it's going down the slide. Join us as we send any and every object imaginable down - you won't want to miss this once-in-a-lifetime unique opportunity! (Try not to be more excited than the little ones!)
Join us all month long as we celebrate Port Discovery's 20th Birthday, say Goodbye to KidWorks with personal messages and so much more! Check out the Ways to Play December for a complete list!
Also to explore at Port Discovery:
- Go on an out-of-this-world adventure with your best spud at The Adventures of MR. POTATO HEAD® exhibit, open now at Port Discovery!
- Take a sneak peek into Port Discovery's reimagining process in Previews, Pop-Ups and Prototypes.
- Three floors of interactive exhibits including Wonders of Water, Adventure Expeditions, Kick it Up, and more!
Programs and exhibits at Port Discovery are made possible in part by the Citizens of Baltimore County and by the Howard County Arts Council through a grant from Howard County Government.