Hundreds of children and families from around Baltimore and beyond visited Port Discovery on National Kindergarten Day for Countdown to Kindergarten presented by Maryland 529!
The 15th annual community-wide event encouraged school readiness skills in children about to enter kindergarten while providing parents with information and resources, including health care screenings and free books. Special performances and partners joined us for this incredible day, designed to support efforts to ensure children are ready for Kindergarten by the age of five! The event was presented by Maryland 529.
- Learning about school readiness and registration with the Baltimore City Public School System.
- Getting free books from the Maryland Book Bank!
- Visiting with Maryland 529 to learn how to get a jumpstart on college savings with a $250 State Contribution through the Save4College State Contribution Program.
- Getting ready to read with a free book giveaway provided by Allegis.
- Learning about library services and programs with the Enoch Pratt Free Library.
- Learning about programs offered by Baltimore City Head Start, Baltimore Infants and Toddlers, The Family Tree, B’more for Healthy Babies, Family League, and more!
- Exploring wildlife with Wildlife Adventures!
- Engaging in fun, educational programs with the Kindersinger and yoga for kids in Magical Mats.
- Practicing early literacy skills in our Mother Goose on the Loose® drop-in program.
- Exploring music and movement in Jingle Jangle Music Time.
- Creating fun projects like those you’ll create in school at art and science stations.
Thank you to all of the families who joined us for a day full of learning and play today – and many, many thanks to our community partners for providing such great tips and resources to help prepare children for school!
A special thanks to our partners at Maryland 529 for their support of this important community event.
Please read the entire Enrollment Kit [maryland529.com] carefully before deciding to enroll. The Maryland College Investment Plan Disclosure Statement provides investment objectives, risks, expenses and costs, Fees, and other information you should consider carefully before investing. If you or your beneficiary live outside of Maryland, you should compare Maryland 529 to any college savings program offered by your home state or your beneficiary’s home state, which may offer state tax or other state benefits such as financial aid, scholarship funds, and protection from creditors that are only available for investments in such state’s 529 plan. T. Rowe Price Investment Services, Inc., Distributor/Underwriter.