Membership Extensions & Added Benefits While Construction on New Exhibits is Underway
We’re thrilled to share that construction on bigger, bolder, better – and even more fun – exhibits and experiences is underway!
Although construction will mean some temporary changes to operations and access to the Museum, we want to be sure you still have unique opportunities to learn through play!
What limited-time benefits and opportunities can Port Discovery Members enjoy while construction on new exhibits and Museum improvements is underway?
Read on for information on:
- Membership Extensions
- Free ways to play and learn during construction
- Exclusive, limited-time benefits at some nearby (and very popular) family attractions including the National Aquarium, Maryland Zoo, B&O Railroad Museum, and Baltimore Museum of Industry
Exclusive, Limited-Time Discounts at Nearby Family Attractions
We’ve partnered up with several nearby and very popular family attractions to offer our members exclusive, limited time discounts on admission during the museum’s construction.
- Visit the Baltimore Museum of Industry and enjoy free admission*
Port Discovery members receive free admission to the Baltimore Museum of Industry from January to April 2019.Show your Port Discovery membership card to receive free admission to the amount to people your membership covers. Be sure to check out WEEKEND WORKERS. It’s all about fun as you discover how things work. These engaging activities allow children of all ages to investigate the world around them.
- Visit the National Aquarium at a discounted cost*
Port Discovery members receive 20% off regular admission to The National Aquarium from January to April 2019. Tickets are available for purchase by calling the membership department at 410-864-2665 between Monday-Thursday, 9am-4pm. Tickets must be purchased in advance and are nonrefundable.
- Visit the Maryland Zoo in March & April 2019 and enjoy 50% admission off (up to 4).
Port Discovery members receive half off regular admission to The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore during the warmer months of March & April 2019. Show your Port Discovery membership card to unlock the savings! Please note that the discount is valid for up to four (4) admissions.
- Visit the B&O Railroad from January through March 2019 and enjoy a free child’s admission with a paid adult.
Port Discovery members receive a BOGO offer to the B&O Railroad Museum from January to March 2019. Show your Port Discovery membership card and save! Receive a free child admission with the purchase of an adult admission.
*Can not exceed the number of admissions allotted by membership level. Discounts valid only while Port Discovery is under construction, or during specific months noted.
Ways to Play
Come play and enjoy:
- Member admission into the limited-time, one-of-a-kind The Construction Zone in The Atrium at Port Discovery sponsored by M&T Bank: Opening January 12, 2019! Visitors and members can explore design, building, engineering, and creativity in The Construction Zone in The Atrium at Port Discovery. The Construction Zone will be open Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays starting January 12, 2019. Hours are as follows: Fridays: 10 AM – 4 PM, Saturdays: 10 AM – 5 PM, Sundays: Noon – 5 PM. The Construction Zone will also be open on Monday, January 21 from 10 AM - 5 PM in celebration of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Members and children under two will enter for free. Admission will be $5 per person for general admission visitors. The Construction Zone is located in the Atrium at Port Discovery Children’s Museum (directly next door to the main Museum). Hours of operation will be announced on a monthly basis.
- Free admission into Port Discovery’s Pop-Up Play Space at The Shops at Kenilworth: Opening late January 2019! Visitors can explore a Pop-Up Play Space featuring drop-in educational programs, messy art, and building activities at The Shops at Kenilworth. Port Discovery’s Pop-Up Play Space at The Shops at Kenilworth will be open Wednesdays through Sundays. Admission will be free for all visitors. Please check www.PortDiscovery.org for operating hours.
To ensure you get the value you expect from your membership, we are automatically adding four months to any membership valid in January, February, March and April of 2019. An example of how this will work: If your membership expires in February 2019, your membership will be automatically extended by four months and will instead expire at the end of June 2019.
While construction is underway, we will continue offering unique playful learning opportunities for free as part of your Port Discovery membership.
Not a member yet?
Not a member yet? Now is the perfect time to join. Take advantage of all of the fun that’s coming up – plus enjoy exclusive benefits while construction is underway. Act now - we’re offering a limited-time opportunity to save on Memberships before prices increase! Learn more.
Want to know more?
Please find more information, including answers to questions about memberships, construction and more, on our website www.PortDiscovery.org/Construction
We appreciate your patience and support as we work to bring you immersive new exhibits and Museum improvements that will transform the Museum – and fuel even more powerful, purposeful play.