Welcome Back to the Museum You Love, With Updates in Place to Keep You Safe!
We are excited to welcome members and visitors back to the Museum that you love – with some updates in place to keep you safe!
IMPORTANT: Your Membership Has Been Automatically Extended
Memberships to Port Discovery will be extended for the length of time that the Museum was closed so that you can still enjoy the full value and length of your membership. If your membership was valid in March 2020, your membership has been automatically extended for 7 months. Thank you for your understanding and support during our temporary closure.
Need help setting up your Membership Account? Please use this How-To Guide!
Advance Tickets Required for All
Admission for visitors and members is by reservation/advance tickets only. Tickets cannot be purchased on site. To purchase or reserve your tickets, visit https://tickets.portdiscovery.org and choose the specific date that you'd like to visit. Fill out all necessary information and waivers and complete your ticket purchase or reservation. Children under one year of age and museum members still enjoy free admission but MUST reserve tickets for the date of their visit as well.
When purchasing tickets or reserving your ticket online, you will receive a confirmation email to present (printed or on your mobile device) upon arriving at the museum for a low-contact check-in process. Online purchase fees have been eliminated.
Be sure to plan ahead - to ensure there is plenty of room for play, learning, and safe physical distancing, we have significantly reduced the number of tickets that can be purchased/reserved on any day the Museum is open.
If this is your first time reserving online tickets, you will need to have your membership number to register your account. For assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-864-2665.
Steps to reserve your tickets are as follows:
- Visit https://tickets.portdiscovery.org
- Enter your membership information to login to your account (New users registering for your account: You must add 01 to your membership number when registering your account for the first time).
- Reserve the tickets needed for your visit for all members of your party, including any children under the age of one and any guests associated with your membership. (Please note; guest passes are not available for Members-Only Weekend).
What You Need to Know Before You Visit
You will notice some significant changes to the Museum experience to ensure a safe visit for your family. Those changes include:
- Advance Tickets: Advance Tickets are now required for everyone in your party, including members. We're sorry, but on-site tickets are not available at this time. We strongly encourage you to purchase your tickets early so that you have the best chance to join us on the day and time that works best for you.
- Updated Hours: Port Discovery is modifying its days and hours of operation as we reopen. Please always check our website for the most up-to-date information on our days and hours of operation, and be sure to reserve or purchase your tickets ahead of visiting the Museum (on-site tickets are not available).
- Capacity is extremely limited. Please Plan Ahead! To ensure there is plenty of room for play, learning, and safe physical distancing, we have significantly reduced the number of tickets that can be purchased/reserved on any day the Museum is open. We strongly encourage you to purchase your tickets early so that you have the best chance to join us on the day and time that works best for you.
- Face Coverings Required for All 2+: In accordance with CDC, State, and local guidelines, face coverings that properly cover your nose and mouth are required for guests ages 2 and older unless medically unable to wear a face covering. We understand that you and your family may need mask breaks while you are here. To take a mask break, exit the Museum and then use your receipt to re-enter with masks in place.
- Leveled-Up Cleaning: We've leveled up our already robust cleaning practices at the Museum. Staff will be cleaning and disinfecting before, during, and after your visit. While you are here, you'll notice staff members cleaning and disinfecting exhibits, surfaces, toys, and more. You'll also notice Dirty Toy Bins throughout the Museum for your use. High traffic areas and objects will be sprayed with electrostatic sprayers before, during, and after your visit. Loose parts and manipulatives in each exhibit will be removed and replaced with a fresh set at the beginning of each play session. Additional deep cleaning will take place while the Museum is closed to the public.
- Waivers & Health Screenings: As part of our effort to create a safe, healthy environment for all, we ask staff and guests to avoid visiting the Museum when sick or showing signs of illness, or if you've recently been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 like symptoms or a positive COVID-19 test result. Upon purchasing or reserving tickets, guests will be required to sign waivers regarding your responsibilities as a visitor, and regarding what the Museum is doing to keep you safe. Upon entry, all guests will be required to complete a health questionnaire. Staff and Museum vendors are also required to complete health screenings before entering the Museum.
- A variety of additional updates to encourage physical distancing and a safe visit for you and your family. Review our reopening plans, what to know before you visit, and answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Reopening at https://www.portdiscovery.org/readysetplay.
Reminders: Admission for visitors and members is by reservation/advance tickets only. Tickets cannot be purchased on site. To purchase or reserve your tickets, visit https://tickets.portdiscovery.org and choose the specific date that you'd like to visit. Capacity is extremely limited - so we strongly encourage you to purchase your tickets early so that you have the best chance to join us on the day and time that works best for you. Fill out all necessary information and waivers and complete your ti