Welcome Back to the Museum You Love, With Updates in Place to Keep You Safe!
Port Discovery Children’s Museum is reopening in October 2020! We are excited to welcome members and visitors back to the Museum that you love – with some updates in place to keep you safe! Please review the information below for more about our reopening plans – and what to expect when you visit!
Port Discovery's Reopening Dates:
Open to Members Only Beginning October 10
To celebrate our reopening – and as a small token of thanks for your patience, understanding, and grace while we've been temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 Pandemic – we’ll be hosting a Members-Only Weekend on Saturday, October 10th and Sunday, October 11th.
- Saturday, October 10: 10 AM – 3 PM. Members Only. Advance reservations are required. Capacity is extremely limited. Please plan ahead.
- Sunday, October 11: 11 AM – 4 PM. Members Only. Advance reservations are required. Capacity is extremely limited. Please plan ahead.
- Reminder: Memberships have been automatically extended. Learn more about extensions and other information you need to know.
Open to All Visitors & Members Beginning October 17
Port Discovery will reopen to all visitors and members on Saturday, October 17th. The Museum will be open on Saturdays from 10 AM to 3 PM and Sundays from 11 AM to 4 PM until further notice. Advance reservations are required. Capacity is extremely limited. Please plan ahead.
Public Opening Weekend
- Saturday, October 17: 10 AM – 3 PM. Advance reservations are required. Capacity is extremely limited, so please plan ahead.
- Sunday, October 18: 11 AM – 4 PM. Advance reservations are required. Capacity is extremely limited, so please plan ahead
- Updated Hours: Beginning October 17th, Port Discovery will be open on Saturdays from 10 AM to 3 PM and Sundays from 11 AM to 4 PM until further notice. Advance reservations are required. Capacity is extremely limited. Please plan ahead.
What You Need to Know Before You Visit
You will notice some significant changes to the Museum experience to ensure a safe visit for your family. Those changes include:
- Advance Tickets: Advance Tickets are now required for everyone in your party, including members. We're sorry, but on-site tickets are not available at this time. We strongly encourage you to purchase your tickets early so that you have the best chance to join us on the day and time that works best for you.
- Updated Hours: Port Discovery is modifying its days and hours of operation as we reopen. Please always check our website for the most up-to-date information on our days and hours of operation, and be sure to reserve or purchase your tickets ahead of visiting the Museum (on-site tickets are not available).
- Capacity is extremely limited. Please Plan Ahead! To ensure there is plenty of room for play, learning, and safe physical distancing, we have significantly reduced the number of tickets that can be purchased/reserved on any day the Museum is open. We strongly encourage you to purchase your tickets early so that you have the best chance to join us on the day and time that works best for you.
- Face Coverings Required for All 2+: In accordance with CDC, State, and local guidelines, face coverings that properly cover your nose and mouth are required for guests ages 2 and older unless medically unable to wear a face covering. We understand that you and your family may need mask breaks while you are here. To take a mask break, exit the Museum and then use your receipt to re-enter with masks in place.
- Leveled-Up Cleaning: We've leveled up our already robust cleaning practices at the Museum. Staff will be cleaning and disinfecting before, during, and after your visit. While you are here, you'll notice staff members cleaning and disinfecting exhibits, surfaces, toys, and more. You'll also notice Dirty Toy Bins throughout the Museum for your use. High traffic areas and objects will be sprayed with electrostatic sprayers before, during, and after your visit. Loose parts and manipulatives in each exhibit will be removed and replaced with a fresh set at the beginning of each play session. Additional deep cleaning will take place while the Museum is closed to the public.
- Waivers & Health Screenings: As part of our effort to create a safe, healthy environment for all, we ask staff and guests to avoid visiting the Museum when sick or showing signs of illness, or if you've recently been exposed to anyone with COVID-19 like symptoms or a positive COVID-19 test result. Upon purchasing or reserving tickets, guests will be required to sign waivers regarding your responsibilities as a visitor, and regarding what the Museum is doing to keep you safe. Upon entry, all guests will be required to complete a health questionnaire. Staff and Museum vendors are also required to complete health screenings before entering the Museum.
- A variety of additional updates to encourage physical distancing and a safe visit for you and your family. Review our reopening plans, what to know before you visit, and answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Reopening at https://www.portdiscovery.org/readysetplay.
Reminders: Admission for visitors and members is by reservation/advance tickets only. Tickets cannot be purchased on site. To purchase or reserve your tickets, visit https://tickets.portdiscovery.org and choose the specific date that you'd like to visit. Capacity is extremely limited - so we strongly encourage you to purchase your tickets early so that you have the best chance to join us on the day and time that works best for you. Fill out all necessary information and waivers and complete your ticket purchase or reservation. Your tickets will be delivered electronically and will be valid for the date you selected only.