Overnight Adventures & Sleepovers
Sleepover at the best place for kids in Baltimore!
Take your brownies, girl scouts, cub scouts, boy scouts or youth group on a journey they'll never forget!
Plan an Overnight Adventure at Port Discovery – and enjoy a fun-filled evening full of exploration, learning, adventure at the best place for kids (and kids at heart) in Baltimore.
Overnight Adventures Overview:
- Take part in exclusive interactive experiences throughout Port Discovery Children’s Museum
- Adventure through our bigger, bolder, better – and even more fun exhibits, including a giant four-story SkyClimber and a multi-level, interactive Port Exhibit.
- Explore the inner-workings of ships and the Port of Baltimore, develop problem-solving skills and confidence while climbing to new heights, adventure through Ancient Egypt, experiment with water, make believe in a pretend diner, get creative in an art studio and theater space, and much more!
- Enjoy evening snacks and a light breakfast (as well as discounted parking at the Harbor Park Garage)
- Make memories together as they spend a night in the Museum!
Who Can Participate?
Overnight Adventures at Port Discovery are available for:
- Daisy, Brownie, and Junior Girl Scouts
- Cub and Boy Scouts
- Youth Groups, and Schools and Camps
Have a group interested in an Overnight Adventure that you don't see here? Contact us and we'll be happy to work with you.
Overnight Activities for Girl & Boy Scout Groups
Catch Foggy Bubbles Program Activities:
Using special gloves, uniquely designed bubble solutions, and a Port Discovery adapted fog blower, scouts will actually catch fog filled bubbles (Awesome!) and pass them from hand to hand. As they play, they'll learn about the surface tension that makes all bubbles round and the iridescence that gives them their beautiful colors.
- February 15, 2020: Catch Foggy Bubbles - For Daisy, Brownie & Girl Scouts
- March 7, 2020: Catch Foggy Bubblies - For Cub & Boy Scouts
- SOLD OUT - March 21, 2020: Catch Foggy Bubbles - For Cub & Boy Scouts
- April 11, 2020: Catch Foggy Bubbles - For Daisy, Brownie & Girl Scouts
- April 25,2020: Catch Foggy Bubbles - For Daisy, Brownie & Girl Scouts
- May 23, 2020: Catch Foggy Bubbles - For Daisy, Brownie & Girl Scouts
- June 6, 2020: Catch Foggy Bubbles - For Daisy, Brownie & Girl Scouts
Explore how forensic chemists solve crimes in this hands-on experience! By using markers, water, filter paper and chromatoggraphy, scouts will use forensic chemistry to help us solve the challange of who stole some yummy cookies!
- SOLD OUT - February 22, 2020: Chem-Mystery - For Daisy, Brownie & Girl Scouts
- SOLD OUT - March 14, 2020: Chem-Mystery - For Cub & Boy Scouts
- SOLD OUT - March 28, 2020: Chem-Mystery - For Cub & Boy Scouts
- SOLD OUT - April 18, 2020: Chem-Mystery - For Daisy, Brownie & Girl Scouts
- May 16, 2020: Chem-Mystery - For Daisy, Brownie & Girl Scouts
- May 30, 2020: Chem-Mystery - For Daisy, Brownie & Girl Scouts
- June 13, 2020: Chem-Mystery - For Daisy, Brownie & Girl Scouts
Rates, Registration & Contact Information
Overnight Adventures Admission Rates:
$40.00 per child
$40.00 per leader/chaperone
*Additonal overnight dates may be added for groups of 125 or more. Groups of this size will receive a 10% discount off of the total price.
If you are interested in hosting a private Overnight Adventures program for your group, please contact Kelly Hawkins, Senior Operations Manager, at 410.864.2726 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To reserve your Overnight Adventure, please complete the registration form. Please keep in mind:
- Campers must be ages 5-12 years old.
- Placement is based on a first-come, first-served basis.
- There will be no refunds granted once your registration is received and confirmed. However, registration fees are transferable to other members of your organization.
- Whey sending payment, please make ONE check payable to Port Discovery Children's Museum and mail payment along with your completed registration form to
Port Discovery Children's Museum
35 Market Place, Baltimore, MD 21202
Request More Information
Tell us a little bit about what you are interested in and we'll be in touch!
Please remember that Port Discovery does not grant refunds for cancellations or no-shows. If someone in your group cannot attend the program, you may substitute another member from your organization. Registration fees may also be transferred to another group/troop in your organization. Adults may be substituted for children, and vice-versa.
In the event of inclement weather, please call the Port Discovery Guest Services Station at (410) 864-2700 to check the status of your event. A decision regarding the event will be determined by 2:00 p.m.
Campers are to be chaperoned at all times.
No food or drink is permitted inside the exhibit areas. Food and drink must be consumed in designated areas only. Port Discovery will provide an evening snack and breakfast for each person. You may bring additional non-perishable snacks. Please call ahead if concerned with food allergies.
Port Discovery is a smoke-free facility.No alcohol or drugs are allowed at any time when visiting the museum. Smoking is not permitted outside after 7:00 pm.
What to Bring
- Sleeping bag, pillow, and foam sleeping pad
- Air mattress (Twin or full-size air mattresses only, please. Cots are not permitted).
- Minimal toiletries (hairbrush/comb, toothbrush, toothpaste, wash cloth).
- Sleep mask and/or ear plugs
- Comfortable, layered clothing and shoes.
- Supplies should be packed in one bag, labeled with campers name and group. Suitcases are discouraged.
- Emergency contacts for all campers, as well as permission slips and health forms.
Getting Ready for Your Overnight Adventure
Please plan to arrive no later than 6:00 p.m. on the date of your Overnight Adventure. Registration will take approximately 20-30 minutes, and must be completed by a designated group leader. Group/troop leaders will receive an orientation once the entire group arrives. Please allow ample time to drop off, park and register.
The program starts promptly at 7:00 p.m. If you arrive later, you will miss formal orientation. In the event that you are late, the Overnights Coordinator will give you a brief walk through of your sleep site and answer any questions that you might have.
You may drop off and pick up all campers at the front entrance of the museum via Market Place. There is no parking at this location at any time and it is strictly a drop-off and pick-up area.
To receive the discounted Overnight Adventure parking rate, please park at the Harbor Park Garage located at 55 Market Place, directly next to the Museum.