Please read this Policy carefully. By using the Site, you acknowledge and agree that you have read and consent to this Policy. If you do not agree to be bound by this Policy, please exit the Site now.
Please be aware that we may change or replace the terms of this Policy from time to time, at our sole discretion. If we decide to make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by posting those changes to this Site. Any modifications to this Policy will go into immediate effect after they have been posted. Your continued use of the Site after we post any changes constitutes your consent to the updated Policy.
This Site is controlled, operated, and administered by Port Discovery from its offices within the United States. If you are accessing this Site from a location outside the United States, you understand and consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information to our facilities in the United States and to those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
- Our Site is not intended for use by children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 years. Please contact us if you believe we may have unknowingly collected information about a child under 13, and we will take immediate steps to delete any such Personal Information.
Information that We Collect
- Through your use of our Site, we may collect Personal Information, which is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to you as an identifiable individual. While we do not require you to provide Personal Information in order to navigate our Site, we may need to collect Personal Information if you choose to engage in certain activities on our Site, such as making a purchase, making a donation, or subscribing to our e-newsletter. This Personal Information may include contact information, payment information, and date of birth. We also collect Personal Information if you choose to provide it to us in any correspondence. This may include any of your questions, comments, suggestions, or if you fill out a survey.
- The Site also automatically collects other types of technical information through your use of the Site, such as which of the pages on our Site that you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on our Site. We may also collect information about the device you are using, such as unique device identifier, hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser, IP addresses, and other technical attributes.
- We may also place cookies during your use of the Site. Cookies are text information files that your browser places on your computer, mobile phone, or other device when you visit a website. The cookies will help us recognize your device the next time you visit our Site making it easier for you to navigate our Site. Cookies may also be used to store your login credentials or monitor the interests of our users to enhance the Site experience. If you reject cookies, you may still use our Site, but your ability to use some areas of our Site may be limited.
- We may also use other website or mobile tracking technologies to identify you and keep track of your preferences, prevent fraudulent activity or improve Site security, assess the performance of the Site, and deliver content to you based on your interests on our Site and third-party websites. The Site is not currently configured to respond to Do Not Track signals sent by Internet browsers.
How We Use and Share Information
- We use the information collected through the Site to communicate with you, to respond to your requests, and to maintain and improve our Site. For example, we may use your Personal Information to send account updates or other communications regarding your account, to provide technical support, or to answer your questions. If you are asked to provide information for a specific purpose on the Site, such as payment information to make a purchase, we will only use such information for the purpose for which you provided it to us.
- We reserve the right to share information, including Personal Information, with third parties, such as our service providers and affiliates, and as described in the Policy. Although we may include information from other organizations in our mailings from time to time, we do not rent, sell, or trade our physical or email mailing lists or donor or member information. Individuals can opt out of our mailings at any time by following the instructions in each of our emails.
- Port Discovery uses Google Analytics to monitor and analyze the use of our Site, and Google may share this data with other Google services. We have enabled Google Analytics Advertising features, including Remarketing, so Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising networks. This Site and third parties, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on past visits to our Site and report how ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to this Site. You can learn more about Google’s privacy practices by visiting their website at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
- We will also share information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims or demands, or to comply with the requirements of any mandatory applicable law, or if we believe it is necessary in order to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
- The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We maintain reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect and limit access to your Personal Information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage technology is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Third-Party Data Collection
- Similarly, our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, or affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites from our Site, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check their privacy policies before you submit any Personal Information to these websites.
- If you have any questions about this Policy or need to contact us regarding Children’s Privacy as discussed above, you may reach us at email@example.com.
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 1, 2017