Port Discovery Sick Policy
Port Discovery Children’s Museum works to provide a safe and healthy environment for all its visitors. That’s why the Museum enforces a “Sick Person Policy” among visitors, staff, vendors, and volunteers.
As a general rule, if you or your child has a fever or is too sick to attend work or school, you are too sick to visit Port Discovery Children’s Museum.
The following guidelines are more specific and we request that visitors with these symptoms not visit the museum.
- Flu symptoms (headache, high fever, chills, lethargy, muscle aches, cough, sore throat)
- Upper Respiratory Infections (nasal congestion, runny nose, scratchy throat, painful swallowing, cough watery eyes – with or without fever)
- Cold symptoms (sneezing and runny nose)
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- Conjunctivitis or “pink eye” infection
- Impetigo (infectious skin disease which shows up as small pimples that turn into red blisters in a circular pattern)
- Strep Throat (child must be on antibiotics for 48 hours before coming to the museum.)
- Head lice
- Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease
- Any other communicable diseases not listed.
- If you or someone you’ve been in contact with has COVID-19 like symptoms or has had a confirmed case of COVID-19, please wait the full incubation period of at least 14 days before visiting the Museum.
Under the discretion of the Museum, visitors who appear sick may be asked to leave the Museum for the health and safety of other visitors.
Please note that all visitors to the Museum will be required to complete a health questionnaire before entering the Museum. If a visitor answers YES to any of the following questions, they not be permitted into the Museum and we will be happy to reschedule their visit for a future date:
- Do you, or any member of your family attending today, have a new cough that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- Do you, or any member of your family attending today, have new shortness of breath that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- Do you, or any member of your family attending today, have any of the following symptoms: fever (100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or greater), chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, or any symptom identified in our Sick Person Policy?
- Have you, or any member in your family attending today, come in close contact (within 6 feet) with someone who has a laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis in the past 14 days?