Directions & Parking
Directions, Transportation & Parking
Take I-95 to I-395-Baltimore (Downtown/Inner Harbor) past Camden Yards Stadiums to Pratt Street and turn right. Once past the Aquarium and Power Plant, get into the far left lane and turn left onto Market Place. Port Discovery faces the plaza ahead of you on the right.
Take MD 295 North towards Baltimore. Once in Baltimore, MD 295 North becomes Russell Street. Follow past Camden Yards Stadiums and turn right onto Pratt Street. Once past the Aquarium and Power Plant, get into the far left lane and turn left onto Market Place. Cross Lombard Street. Port Discovery faces the plaza ahead of you on the right.
Take I-83 South towards Baltimore. Once expressway ends and becomes President Street, turn right onto Lombard Street at the 3rd light. Make the next right onto Market Place. Port Discovery faces the plaza ahead of you on the right.
The Baltimore Metro/Subway Shot Tower/Market Place stop is located in the plaza just outside our doors. The Museum is also within walking distance of several area bus stops.
Port Discovery can also be easily accessed from the Orange Route (Stop 201) and Green Route (Stop 116) of the Charm City Circulator, a FREE shuttle bus that travels throughout the City.
Harbor Park Garage - 55 Market Place
Harbor Park Garage is adjacent to Port Discovery at the corner of Lombard Street and Market Place. The Harbor Park Garage offers discounted parking on most of the days the Museum is open. Please carefully read the below information as some dates are excluded. Please remember that Harbor Park Garage is the only garage that offers discount parking for Port Discovery Children's Museum. Please keep your garage ticket in a secure place and pick up your validated garage ticket (both need to be presented to exit the Garage) at the Museum Security Office or Box Office to receive your discount. We're sorry, but Port Discovery does not manage nor provide refunds for parking at the Harbor Park Garage.
- Discounted parking of $15 parking discount is valid for regular museum hours only, from one hour prior to museum opening to one hour after the museum is closed.*
- Discounted parking for $10 applies for Birthday Party Guests, Overnight Adventure Guests, Evening Adventure Guests and Target® $2 Family Fun Night Guests.*
- Be sure to request a validation ticket upon your entry or exit from the Museum to take advantage of the discounted parking rate.
- *The Harbor Park Garage does not offer validations or special discounts on New Year's Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, President's Day
Area Parking Garages
Harbor Park Garage: Attached to Port Discovery’s building with easy access from Lombard Street or Market Place. Harbor Park Garage offers discounted parking on most days the Museum is open. Please request a validation ticket upon your entry or exit from the Museum to take advantage of the discounted rate.
Central Parking Frederick Street Garage-located at Frederick Street between Baltimore and Water Streets. Lockwood Place Garage-located at Market Place between Pratt and Lombard Streets. Additional parking garages are located within a few blocks of the Museum, and limited metered parking is also available. We're sorry, but discounted parking is not available at these locations.
Bus, Van & Motorcoach Parking
Port Discovery welcomes groups of all sizes! Please find information on unloading and parking buses, vans and motorcoaches near our facility below.
Locations for bus and van parking near our facility include:
- Edison Parkfast 215 East Fayette Street Baltimore, MD 21202 410-244-0606
- LAZ Parking 300 East Pratt Street Lot 144 Commerce Street Baltimore, MD 21202 410-659-4079
- Pier V Surface Lot 721 Eastern Avenue Baltimore, MD 21202 443-909-7590 (Cannot accommodate school bus size vehicles)
- Central Parking Systems –Camden Yards Lot C 351 West Camden Street Baltimore, MD 21201 410-347-9330
For more information about rates, availability and hours of operation, please contact the suggested parking lots provided. Please adhere to the loading, unloading, and parking instructions to make your visit pleasant. Unattended, illegally stages/parked vehicles or unauthorized street loading may result in traffic citations up to $102.00.
Find information on Motorcoach/Large Vehicle Parking information via the Visit Baltimore website. Please note that all parking at this facility must be pre-purchased online. Blackout dates do apply.