Winter Break Fun
Dec 21-Jan 2
Grab your thinking winter hats and come out to Port Discovery, where there is warm winter break family fun for all!
Winter Break Art Projects
Get crafty while making winter-themed art projects that you can put to use! Create beautiful wrapping paper in the studio with found objects and special paints. Make a torn paper candle collage that you can turn into a card for the holidays. Make a magical, winter tree with our fun upcycling Winter Trees project.
Winter Break Performances
Grab your scarves, cups of hot cocoa and gather around for some winter musical fun with Port Discovery’s musician, Mr. Seth, for live music, a short story, and puppet guest-stars. Take the little ones to listen to holiday books, sing cheerful songs, along with movement and musical instruments that’ll bring some holiday cheer across the museum.
Winter Break Activity Stations
Learn how to make the loved ones in your life feel special with new gift wrapping skills that’ll add a little holiday magic this season. Visit a Discovery Cart for a hands-on activity all about clocks, telling time and create a book of time, right before the end of the year. Take part in winter themed sensory activities, ranging from Snow Fun to a Polar Bear Party!
Winter Break Hours
- Wednesday, December 21: 9:30am-3pm
- Thursday, December 22: 9:30am-3pm
- Friday, December 23: 9:30am-3pm
- Saturday, December 24: 10 am- 3 pm
- Wonders of Water will be closed on December 24th for cleaning
- Sunday, December 25: CLOSED
- Monday, December 26: 12 pm- 5 pm
- Tuesday, December 27: 10 am- 5 pm
- Wednesday, December 28: 10 am- 5 pm
- Thursday, December 29: 10 am- 5 pm
- Friday, December 30: 10 am- 5 pm
- Saturday, December 31 (Noontime New Year Celebration): 10 am- 5 pm
- Sunday, January 1: 11 am- 5 pm
- Monday, January 2: 10 am- 3 pm