Access & Inclusion Afternoons
Access, Inclusion & Sensory Friendly Programs
The Museum strives to be an inclusive and accessible space that celebrates neurodiversity and welcomes people of all needs and abilities. We currently offer monthly Sensory Friendly Mornings, open to all guests and members, and weekly Access & Inclusion Afternoons open to groups serving children and families with disabilities, on the autism spectrum, and/or sensory processing disorders. Pre-registration is required.
Access & Inclusion Afternoons - For Groups & Organizations Only
Port Discovery Children’s Museum aims to be an accessible, inclusive environment for children and adults to thrive through playful learning experiences. Our Access & Inclusion Afternoons provide a modified environment for play and learning for children, their caregivers, and families.
This program is intended for groups and organizations serving children and families with disabilities, on the autism spectrum, and/or sensory processing disorders.
If you are looking for opportunities open to the general public, please consider our Sensory Friendly Mornings, which are open to all.
What to Expect:
- This event is reserved for groups and organizations only. Pre-registration is required.
- Limited Attendance
- Port Discovery staff to assist with providing a supportive environment
- Adaptions to the Museum and exhibit areas to meet group needs
- Sensory Kits
- Dedicated Quiet Zone Area
Upcoming Access & Inclusion Afternoons for Groups & Organizations Only
- Available Weekly on Tuesday Afternoons from 1 to 3 PM starting October 4
- Registration Requred: Please contact Rachel Demma at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about group access to the museum on Access and Inclusion Tuesday afternoons
We require pre-registration in an effort to better serve our guests and provide a welcoming, adaptive environment that meets your needs.