Celebrate Your Kid's Next Birthday With Us!
Fun, memorable parties – without the worries of setup, cleanup, or how to keep guests entertained! With three floors of interactive play areas, private party rooms, playful party hosts and super fun activities, Port Discovery offers the perfect place to host birthday parties for kids.
HOST A PARTY
- Saturday Party Times: 11 am -12:30 pm, 1 pm – 2:30 pm, & 3 pm- 4:30 pm
- Sunday Party Times: 11 am- 12:30 pm, 1 pm – 2:30 pm, and 3 pm – 4:30 pm
All Packages Include:
- Deluxe Package: Free full-day museum admission for 20 guests (adults and children). Additional guests are $25 each with a maximum of 30 guests per party.
- Private party room with a Party Pal Host
- Complimentary beverages for children
- One balloon bouquet, tablecloths, and paper supplies
- One free parking permit for party parent
- Discounted parking validations for party guests
- One free Port Discovery t-shirt for the birthday child
Ocean in a Bottle: $450
Great for ages birth to 5 years
Sensory bottles are fun to create and a great calming activity suitable for both toddlers and preschoolers! Journey in the ocean depths at Port Discovery and design your own colorful ocean in a bottle! Watch your shells and sea life move throughout the water in this exciting activity sure to make waves!
Scavenger Hunt Package | $450
Great for ages 6 to 10 years
Explore the many exhibits at Port Discovery as you travel from under the sea all the way to the clouds. From a meeting with our friendly sea monster to boarding our S.S. Friendship boat, journey through our museum and complete this nautical scavenger hunt. Best of all, win your own treasure that allows you to continue exploration and fun even after the party ends!
For More Information or To Request a Party Date
Fill out the request form or contact us at 410-864-2726 or email@example.com.
Due to current construction, Birthday Party space is limited. We highly recommend you fill out the request form or contact us as soon as you are able so that we can accommodate you to the best of our abilities. We thank you for your patience and understanding!
We had a perfect birthday party for Sofie at Port Discovery today! There was something for EVERYONE to have an amazing time!
Birthday Party FAQs
For Birthday Parties held at the Museum, do you allow decorations? Outside food and beverages? Outside entertainers? Music?
- We’re sorry, but decorations other than table toppers are not permissible.
- Outside food and beverages are allowed. Due to safety purposes, heating equipment is not allowed. We recommend providing a cooler with ice to keep items chilled. Alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited.
- We’re sorry, but outside entertainers and/or performers are not permissible.
- Music is allowed in the party rooms, however, we kindly ask that you play music that is appropriate for children.
What are your policies on deposits, cancellations, rescheduling, and inclement weather for birthday parties?
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking and all remaining balances are due one week prior to your scheduled party.
- A rescheduled party must be rebooked within one month and be held within six months of the original party date.
- If, due to inclement weather on or around the date of your reserved party, you feel the need to cancel your party, Port Discovery Children’s Museum reserves the right to retain your deposit if the Museum is officially open for admission on the day of the scheduled party. In the event Port Discovery Children’s Museum is officially closed, we will reschedule your party for a later date.
How many guests are permitted for birthday parties?
Deluxe party rooms have a maximum capacity of 30 people total. Deluxe packages include admission for 20 people (children and adults). Additional guests (maximum of 10 total) are $25 each. VIP package includes maximum admission for 50 people (children and adults). Please note that we require strict adherence to guest attendance due to capacity restrictions and safety protocol. Each and every guest, including your birthday child, their siblings, and parents, are included in the total number of guests for a party.
Do you provide additional time for the setup/breakdown of Birthday Party rooms?
We’re sorry, but we are unable to provide additional time for setup and/or breakdown. However, our Party Pals are available to help you with setup, breakdown, and any other party needs, and will do their very best to ensure you are able to make the most of your time in your private party room.
Do you offer discounted parking for birthday party guests?
Yes, we offer discounted parking validations for party guests and one free parking permit for the party host. Important: Please make sure your guests park at the Harbor Park Garage, located at 55 Market Place, Baltimore, Maryland, 21202. We offer discounted parking for your party guests at this location only.
Do you have a space to store our items if we arrive early and/or would like to stay after our Birthday Party ends?
Yes! We’re happy to provide storage for party items so that you can enjoy time in the Museum before and/or after your party. Valuables should be stored separately in our lockers located near the entrance of the Museum.
Are my membership benefits applicable for School Field Trips, Summer Visits, Group Visits, and/or Birthday Parties?
Port Discovery does offer Members a 10% discount off the base price of our party packages. However, memberships cannot be used towards the admission of additional party guests. Memberships also cannot be used towards group visits.