Stock groceries, run the cashier, and enjoy pretend play in a realistic store!
In the Royal Farms Convenience Store & Fill’er Up Station, children have a chance to pretend to be a cashier, a shopper, a stocker, and more! As children play, they learn how to take turns, to work together, and they have chances to explore and learn about food groups plus take turns filling up the VW Beetle with gas and air!
- toddlers & pre-k
- ages 5-10
- Explore a pretend convenience store.
- Fill up your basket with products from different food groups.
- Role-play as the cashier, customer, grocer, and more.
- Work together to add air to a car’s tires – and add gas to make it go!
- Critical Thinking
- Gross Motor Skills
- Problem Solving
- Recommended for ages two and up.
- Parents and caregivers are encouraged to play along and get in on the fun!
- Encourage children to explore this exhibit from different roles. How does a customer act? How does a store clerk act? What ideas do you have for stocking the shelves?
- As children stock up on supplies, ask them about how they might make healthy eating choices even when they are on the go.