Reach new heights on the SkyClimber
Children (and kids at heart) will be inspired to dream and test their courage as they climb their way up and around the four-story SkyClimber up into the clouds. Then either slide down an ultra-fun (and ultra-swirly!) four-story slide or climb down to the ground. While you’re at it, you’re building confidence, learning problem-solving skills, working on motor skills, and (of course!) having fun.
This impressive climber is designed for ages 5-12. To go down the Storm Slide, children must be at least 37 inches tall. Children not meeting the slide requirement are still welcome to climb with approval or help from their grown-ups.
Please Note: Socks (but not shoes!) are required to climb. You’re more than welcome to bring and use your own socks. Socks are also available for purchase at the Box Office.
Toddlers can enjoy a smaller adventure in an underwater-themed soft play area under the SkyClimber.
- ages 5-12
- socks (but not shoes!) are required to climb
- children must be 37 inches tall to slide
- Climb your way up through an underwater scene towards the clouds high above the Museum.
- Slide down to the ground in a super fun (and super tall!) slide.
- Play games with other visitors inside and outside of the SkyClimber.
- Trigger motion-activated sound effects as you climb higher and higher – and as you slide back down!
- Gross Motor Skills
- Problem Solving
- Please Note: Socks (but not shoes!) are required to climb. We provide them to purchase at the Box Office, and you’re more than welcome to use your own.
- We recommend the exhibit for ages 5-12. To go down the Storm Slide, children must be at least 37 inches tall. Children not meeting the slide requirement are still welcome to climb with approval or help from their grown-ups.
- This is a great activity to try together, so parents and caregivers are encouraged to climb, too!
- Encourage children to try, try again – and cheer on their wins and attempts!
- Emergency exit points are available when necessary, but children are now able to climb up and down or up and slide back down – and not able to exit on multiple floors – alleviating stress and worries from parents watching below!
- Check out an overlook that gives little explorers an immersive climber experience – but doesn’t require climbing high!
- Toddlers can enjoy a smaller adventure in the underwater-themed Chessie’s Grotto under the SkyClimber.