Hours, Admission & Discounts
Port Discovery Hours & Admission
Port Discovery's Hours of Operation
Hours through June 19
Hours for All Guests:
- Wednesday - Sunday: Port Discovery is open from 10 AM - 1 PM and 2 PM - 5 PM
- SPECIAL HOURS: Open on Monday, May 30th for Memorial Day 10 AM - 1 PM OR 2 PM - 5PM.
Hours from June 20 - September 5
- Hours for Members & General Admission Guests:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays: 10 AM - 1 PM and 2 PM - 5 PM
- Tuesdays & Thursdays: 2 PM - 5 PM
- The Museum is closed to the general public from 10 AM - 1 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays. These play sessions are reserved for group visitors only.
- Hours for Group Visitors & Field Trips
- Monday - Friday: 10 AM - 1 PM and 2 PM - 5 PM
- SPECIAL HOURS: The Museum is open to groups only from 10 AM - 1 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays. These play sessions are reserved for group visitors only.
- Open Exploration is available for group visitors on Tuesday and Thursday morning sessions only. All other group visits featured guided programs in the Museum.
Admission to Port Discovery
General Admission to Port Discovery is $19.95/person for individuals one and up. Children under one and members enter for free. Admission to the Museum is by advance ticket/reservation only, and provides you with several hours of play, learning, and fun! Advance Tickets can be purchased/Reservations can be made at https://tickets.portdiscovery.org/ in advance of your visit. We're sorry, but on-site tickets are not available at this time.
- Ages 1 and up: $19.95
- Museum Members: Free
- Children Under Age 1: Free
- Advance online tickets/reservations are required of everyone, including members (members still enter for free).
Available Discount & Access Programs
- Kids Eat Free at Leinenkugel's! Visiting Port Discovery for the day? Take advantage of a great offer from our partners at Power Plant Live! and Leinenkugel's Leinie Lodge & Beer Garden, located right outside of our doors. Review details and restrictions.
- May $2 Community Day- Presented by Ports America: We will host our May $2 Community Day presented by Ports America on Wednesday, May 4 from 10 AM - 1 PM OR 2 PM - 5 PM. Advance Tickets/Reservations Required.
- PlayMakers Access Program: Through Port Discovery’s PlayMakers program, any Maryland family that qualifies for nutritional assistance and is in possession of a valid EBT/Independence Card or WIC ID can visit Port Discovery for $3 per person (valid for up to 5 tickets per EBT/Independence Card or WIC ID) on any day the Museum is open to the general public. Learn more about the program and how to reserve tickets via the PlayMakers Program.
- Get Unlimited Play for a Year with a Membership. Memberships pay for themselves in two visits!
- Outside snacks and drinks are allowed in the Museum but can be consumed only within The Pier (located on Level 1 of the Museum). When using tables in the Pier, please observe physical distancing, and use provided sanitizing wipes to clean tables before and after use. We do not offer a cafe or restaurant in the Museum, but vending machines are available and kid-friendly restaurants are nearby.
- The Museum features free lockers and a free area to hang coats/jackets on a first-come, first-served basis. Sanitizing wipes are provided, and guests are asked to wipe lockers and coat hooks down before and after use.
Strollers are allowed in the Museum, but we ask that you please keep your stroller with you unless visiting Tot Trails or Wonders of Water.
Museum Address & Parking
35 Market Place, Baltimore, MD 21202
Located in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor
Parking Garage: Please note that the address for the nearest parking garage, Harbor Park Garage, is 55 Market Place. Located directly next door to Port Discovery Children’s Museum at the corner of Lombard Street and Market Place. The Harbor Park Garage offers discounted parking on most of the days the Museum is open. Please carefully read the information on our parking page as some dates are excluded.