Plan Your Visit
Experience Moments of Wonder! Start Here!
Reach for the sky in a four-story SkyClimber. Become the captian of a giant cargo ship in The Port. Adventure through three floors of hands-on exhibits and make memories that last a lifetime.
Enjoy #parentingwins and a day well spent with the whole family. Visit Port Discovery - and enjoy oohs, ahhs, and the memories that go along with them.
PURCHASE TICKETS ONLINE! EXPLORE EXHIBITS & EXPERIENCES See Activities By Age SEE UPCOMING EVENTS BECOME A MEMBER Read FAQs
35 Market Place, Baltimore, MD 21202
Located in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor
Admission & Hours Information
Admission to Port Discovery Children's Museum includes entry into the Museum, exploration of all exhibits, drop-in programs, and special activities.
Port Discovery is open as follows:
- Monday - Saturday: 10 AM - 5 PM
- Sunday: Noon - 5 PM
- Special Hours: Open on July 4th from 10 AM - 5 PM.
Save & Play!
Current active discounts available:
Military - All military personnel and veterans, along with their spouses, children and other guests, receive a $2.00 discount off general admission year round. Discount is valid for veterans/military personnel and up to four guests. Valid I.D. required. Military families and veterans also receive $5.00 off family memberships.*
*We're sorry, but this offer cannot be applied to previous purchases or used for online purchases. Offer cannot be combined with other coupons or offers.
Maryland School Teachers - All Maryland elementary school and special needs teachers receive free admission to Port Discovery. Must show visual proof such as School ID or pay stub.
All discounts must be applied when purchasing tickets in person at the Port Discovery Box Office.
Hands-On Exhibits & Fun Programs
Exhibits to Explore
At Port Discovery, kids are encouraged to be…well…kids. They are the experts here – and what they’ll accomplish will fill them – and you – with wonder. As you watch with awe, be sure to get in on the fun and learning, too. Before you know it, you’ll all be making magical memories together and experiencing a day full of child and parenting wins!
Parking for Port Discovery Children's Museum
Harbor Park Garage: 55 Market Place, Baltimore, MD 21202
Discounted Parking Available Most Days for Port Discovery guests
Located directly next door to Port Discovery Children’s Museum at the corner of Lombard Street and Market Place. The Harbor Park Garage offers discounted parking on most of the days the Museum is open. Please carefully read the below information as some dates are excluded.
- Please remember that Harbor Park Garage is the only garage that offers discount parking for Port Discovery Children's Museum
- Discounted parking of $15 parking discount is valid for regular museum hours only, from one hour prior to museum opening to one hour after the museum is closed.
- Discounted parking for $10 applies for Birthday Party Guests, Overnight Adventure Guests, and $2 Family Fun Night Guests.
- *The Harbor Park Garage does not offer validations or special discounts on New Year's Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, President's Day, Spring Break dates, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, and other select dates
- Be sure to request a validation ticket upon your entry or exit from the Museum to take advantage of the discounted parking rate.
- Please keep your garage ticket in a secure place and pick up your validated garage ticket (both need to be presented to exit the Garage) at the Museum Guest Services Station or Box Office to receive your discount
- We're sorry, but Port Discovery does not manage nor provide refunds for parking at the Harbor Park Garage.
Other Parking Options:
- Central Parking Frederick Street Garage-located at Frederick Street between Baltimore and Water Streets.
- Lockwood Place Garage-located at Market Place between Pratt and Lombard Streets.
- Additional parking garages are located within a few blocks of the Museum, and limited metered parking is also available.
- We're sorry, but discounted parking is not available at these locations
Wondering where to park? How memberships work? What to wear during your visit? Find helpful information for your visit in our FAQs!
Plan a Field Trip
Hands-on learning and adventures at Port Discovery can be enhanced through the many educational, interactive and fun programs offered at the Museum. Choose from programs focusing on Arts & Culture, STEM, Healthy Families: Healthy Communities, Early Education and more – and help children get hands-on with the topics they’re learning about in the classroom! Group Visits are available for groups of 15 or more, are available throughout the year, and feature highly discounted ticket prices. Contact us for more information at 410.864.2666 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Celebrate with Us!
Celebrate your child's birthday with an easy-to-plan party featuring fun, imagination, and learning!
Host affordable, easy-to-plan and memorable parties at the best place for play, learning and fun in Baltimore. Choose from a variety of packages to meet your celebration needs.
Plan a birthday party today!
Museum Map & Virtual Tour
NOTICE: Museum staff occasionally take photos and videos at Port Discovery Children's Museum. Entrance to the premises of Port Discovery Children’s Museum constitutes your acknowledgement and agreement that you may be photographed, filmed, videotaped or otherwise recorded by Museum staff or contractors in connection with the activities taking place on the premises. All recordings such recordings are the sole property of Port Discovery Children’s Museum.
Visit the Gift Shop at Port Discovery for fun souveniers, gifts and educational games and toys!
Accessibility at Port Discovery Children's Museum
Port Discovery welcomes guests of all abilities to experience our Museum, interactive exhibits and learning through play. A variety of services and programs are available for individuals and children with disabilities and special needs.
Port Discovery's exhibits and learning environments provide unique opportunities for children with special needs and their caregivers. We incorporate universal design principles throughout programs and exhibits, ensuring that children at different developmental levels can access each area. Port Discovery's exhibits support children (and their caregivers) as they experiment with environments that replicate real-life settings. This hands-on learning prepares them for future experiences such as going to school, eating at a restaurant or visiting other educational and cultural institutions. We encourage you to visit Port Discovery, where children of all abilities and ages are encouraged and welcomed to learn and play in a setting that is welcoming and inclusive.
Visitors may be dropped off near our front entrance via the circular driveway located at the front of the Museum (35 Market Place, Baltimore, MD). The nearest parking garage, Harbor Park Garage, is located directly next to the Museum.
Service Animals are welcomed at Port Discovery Children's Museum.
All restrooms have wheelchair-accessible stalls. There are family restrooms on the first floor of the Museum near PD Presents and the Royal Farms Convenience Store and Fill'er Up Station and on the second floor of the Museum in the Tot Trails exhibit.
First aid is available in Port Discovery's Guest Services Station, and staff are trained to provide assistance in the event of an emergency or building evacuation.
We are a BlindSquare enabled location. BlindSquare technology is available for non-sighted and low sighted guests to assist in experiencing all that we offer at Port Discovery.
BlindSquare supports the following languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Japanese, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Czech, Estonian and Hungarian. VoiceOver usage is supported but it also includes higher quality additional speech synthesis by Acapela Text-To-Speech from Acapela Group.
Download the App on your Iphone or IPAD or speak to a Port Discovery staff member for assitance.
Bus, Van & Motorcoach Parking
Port Discovery welcomes groups of all sizes! Please find information on unloading and parking buses, vans and motorcoaches near our facility below.
Locations for bus and van parking near our facility include:
- Edison Parkfast 215 East Fayette Street Baltimore, MD 21202 410-244-0606
- LAZ Parking 300 East Pratt Street Lot 144 Commerce Street Baltimore, MD 21202 410-659-4079
- Pier V Surface Lot 721 Eastern Avenue Baltimore, MD 21202 443-909-7590 (Cannot accommodate school bus size vehicles)
- Central Parking Systems –Camden Yards Lot C 351 West Camden Street Baltimore, MD 21201 410-347-9330
For more information about rates, availability and hours of operation, please contact the suggested parking lots provided. Please adhere to the loading, unloading, and parking instructions to make your visit pleasant. Unattended, illegally stages/parked vehicles or unauthorized street loading may result in traffic citations up to $102.00.
Find information on Motorcoach/Large Vehicle Parking information via the Visit Baltimore website. Please note that all parking at this facility must be pre-purchased online. Blackout dates do apply.
Nearby Hotels, Restaurants, & Attractions
Port Discovery Children's Museum is conveniently located just two blocks from Baltimore's Inner Harbor, and within short walking or driving distance to a number of family-friendly hotels, restaurants, and attractions. We encourage you to explore the wonderful destinations and businesses that makeup Charm City!