SkyClimber – Socks Required
SkyClimber – Socks Required
Encourage your children to build confidence, learn problem-solving skills, build motor skills, and have fun as they try their hand at climbing the SkyClimber! (And get in on the fun as you climb along with them!)
Children (and kids at heart) will be inspired to dream and to test their courage as they climb their way up and around the four-story SkyClimber up into the clouds. Then either slide down an ultra-fun (and ultra-swirly!) four-story slide, or climb down towards the ground.
This impressive climber is designed to build confidence – and while we anticipate lots of visitors will make it to the tippy-top, it’s perfectly okay if you make it part of the way up! We encourage adults to climb along with their children – and to encourage them to go up – or down. If needed, Port Discovery staff will assist climbers via staff-only entrance points.
We recommend the exhibit for ages 5-12. To go down the Storm Slide, children must be at least 37 inches tall. Children not meeting the slide requirement are still welcome to climb with approval or help from their grown-up.
Please Note: Socks (but not shoes!) are required to climb. You're more than welcome to bring and use your own socks. Socks are also available for purchase at the Box Office. We apologize, but due to COVID protocols, socks are not available to borrow at this time.
Toddlers can enjoy a smaller adventure in an underwater-themed soft play area under the SkyClimber.
What You'll Do:
- Climb your way up through an underwater scene towards the clouds high above the Museum.
- Slide down to the ground in a super fun (and super tall!) slide
- Play games with other visitors inside and outside of the SkyClimber
- Check out an overlook that gives little explorers an immersive climber experience – but doesn’t require climbing high!
- Trigger motion-activated sound effects as you climb higher and higher – and as you slide back down!
What You'll Learn:
- Gross Motor Skills
- Problem Solving
- Please Note: Socks (but not shoes!) are required to climb. We'll provide them to borrow or to buy, and you're more than welcome to use your own.
- We recommend the exhibit for ages 5-12. To go down the Storm Slide, children must be at least 37 inches tall. Children not meeting the slide requirement are still welcome to climb with approval or help from their grown-up.
- This is a great activity to try together, so parents and caregivers are encouraged to climb, too!
- Encourage children to try, try again – and cheer on their wins and attempts!
- Emergency exit points are available when necessary, but children are now able to climb up and down or up and slide back down – and not able to exit on multiple floors - alleviating stress and worries from parents watching below!
- A soft-play toddler area for infants and toddlers is available under the SkyClimber.