Visit Port Discovery Children’s Museum via the PlayMakers Program
Port Discovery Children’s Museum is committed to ensuring every child has access to powerful, purposeful play – and as part of that commitment, we’re proud to offer our new PlayMakers program aimed at encouraging people of all backgrounds and circumstances to visit and benefit from Port Discovery Children’s Museum by eliminating cost as a barrier to visiting.
PlayMakers is supported in part by M&T Bank
How to Redeem PlayMakers Tickets
Through Port Discovery’s PlayMakers program, any Maryland family that qualifies for nutritional assistance and is in possession of a valid EBT/Independence Card or WIC ID can visit Port Discovery for $3 per person (valid for up to 5 tickets per EBT/Independence Card or WIC ID) on any day the Museum is open to the general public.
Children under the age of one enter for free, but you still MUST reserve a ticket for each child visiting. Additional guests age one or older are welcome but must pay the full $21.95 per person admission rate.
To visit using the PlayMakers program, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Confirm your eligibility for the PlayMakers program.
- Step 2: Purchase/reserve your tickets for your visit by going to https://tickets.portdiscovery.org/DateSelection.aspx?item=198 and selecting the PlayMakers Admission rate. Please remember that the $3 per person admission rate is valid for up to 5 tickets per EBT/Independence Card or WIC ID. Note: In order to qualify for this rate, you will need to present a valid Maryland EBT/Independence card or WIC ID when you come for your visit. Remember that children under the age of one enter for free. Additional guests age one or older are welcome but must pay the full $21.95 per person admission rate.
- Step 3: After reserving your tickets and planning your visit, arrive at the Museum on the day and time that your tickets are valid for. Proceed to the Box Office and provide your ticket confirmation information to the Box Office Associate at the counter. Please also be prepared to present your valid EBT/Independence card or WIC ID plus a valid Photo ID when you arrive for your visit.
After confirming your eligibility for the PlayMakers program, purchase your tickets online using the link below. Select the PlayMakers Admission rate for up to 5 tickets per EBT/Independence Card.
Plan Your Visit
Everything you need to know about visiting Port Discovery for the first time.
Help Make PlayMakers Possible
PlayMakers is made possible thanks to the donations of generous supporters and the work of many community partners.
Help make Playmakers possible by making an online donation.
Contact us with questions about the program and/or information on partnering with Port Discovery. Please contact Emanuel Figueroa, Director of Individual and Community Relations at 410-864-2672 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about PlayMakers from these partners:
- Harriet Lane Clinic at Johns Hopkins
- Centro Sol & Hopkins Community Connection
- Promise Heights: University of MD School of Social Work
- The Esperanza Center
- The Center for Urban Families
- Family League of Baltimore
Can I exit and return during my visit?
Yes, you may exit and re-enter on the day of your visit by showing your wristband. Be sure to keep your wristband on if you plan to re-enter. For additional information regarding Port Discovery ticket policies and for information to help you plan your visit, explore our Plan Your Visit webpage.
What is Port Discovery’s PlayMakers Program? Who qualifies and can use the program?
PlayMakers is a program that provides low-cost general admission to families who qualify for nutritional assistance and that are in possession of a valid Maryland EBT/Independence Card or WIC ID. This program is aimed at encouraging people of all backgrounds and circumstances to visit and benefit from Port Discovery Children’s Museum by reducing cost as a barrier to visiting. Visit the PlayMakers program webpage for additional information.
Can guests with EBT/Independence Cards or WIC ID Cards from states other than Maryland use the PlayMakers Access program?
At this time, the PlayMakers program and rate is only available to Maryland families that qualify for nutritional and that are in possession of a valid EBT/Independence Card or WIC ID. We hope to have funding support to expand eligibility to families from other states in the future. Visit the PlayMakers program webpage for more information.
How frequently can I use the PlayMakers program to visit Port Discovery?
Maryland EBT/Independence Card or WIC ID holders are welcome to visit Port Discovery Children’s Museum as many times as they like using the PlayMakers program and discounted rate.
When visiting using the PlayMakers program, can I use my EBT or WIC ID Cards for payment?
No. The EBT/Independence Cards and WIC ID Cards are simply used for identification, showing that you are eligible for the PlayMakers admission rate. You must purchase/reserve your tickets in advance by going to https://tickets.portdiscovery.org/ selecting the desired date and then paying by credit/debit card.